First gig with Axe Fx II here goes

On more nylonish post, and then I'll back off lest we further hijack Larry's thread. :)

I agree with the above posters that the super-thin nylon acoustic-electrics are one of the better live-amplified solutions for nylon playing. But the tone of the best of them — acoustic or electric — is only a rough approximation of the sweet voice you can hear in a well-made, well-aged "real" classical guitar. That's the tone I want to get close to in an amplified situation with no mics involved, and I've not had much luck so far.

Discontinued but not a bad nylon sound for live.

YouTube - ‪"messin with a guitar sound" played on guitar‬‏

On more nylonish post, and then I'll back off lest we further hijack Larry's thread. :)

I agree with the above posters that the super-thin nylon acoustic-electrics are one of the better live-amplified solutions for nylon playing. But the tone of the best of them — acoustic or electric — is only a rough approximation of the sweet voice you can hear in a well-made, well-aged "real" classical guitar. That's the tone I want to get close to in an amplified situation with no mics involved, and I've not had much luck so far.

I have wondered about the Highlander pickup system. I have heard that on steel string and really dug it.

- Richard

I've found it way more easy to dial in a good nylon sound as opposed to an acoustic (steel)string sound - I have a nylon guitar equipped with an RMC-system and an outboard unit (preamp/EQ/MIDI) - sounds awesome.

Thanks, Larry. Your tones of the Axe-Fx II are the first ones that have really "WOW"ed me. So far. Your SRVish tone after your talking on "pony" was KILLER! The only tone that I thought beat it was the tone of the drums when the drummer was doing his solo. ;)

Doing this state proud that's for sure. That's more exciting than the Roswell incident. Thanks Larry.

Thank you very much for all the kind words! I used the axe fx II again last night this time as a side man in a small listening room with singer acoustic guitarist Sean Healen and it sounded absolutely great. I had no stage monitors and my in ears haven't come in yet. But all worked and sounded great. It was just texture stuff no reall heavy leads. But this is my first time using it in the kinds of situations that actully do the most.

I also took it to a blues jam last tusetday in a bar and I was not in the small PA. Just into two small roland AC 60's and it still worked well in that situation. I'm still getting compliments abd questions from local blues guys that have heard of the axe fx, actually some of these never heard of the Pod either. :0)

Next week starts a great fun and interesting test for me. 13 of my guitar instrumental and 1 sideman shows in 18 days with the Axe Fx II!

Larry

Larry

Hmm. Back pack.. Do you mean the skb studio rack back pack? I have one of those never use it. It's yours if you want it. Just cover the shipping. It won't hold the axe fx II Though depth wise. Plus its way heavy and a little big to use as carry on most of the time.

I just got a Briggs and Riley 20" international carry on wheeled suitcase that fits the axe fx II and the MFC 101 perfectly. I think any 20" international carry on will work though. With the rack ears removed it's 18"x 14 1/4 inches. the depth of the case should be at least 9".

Larry

Mwd. Doing this state proud that's for sure. That's more exciting than the Roswell incident. Thanks Larry.

Thank you. Hey I have a cool show opening up for kevin Eubanks at the jazz under the stars at the Albuquerque museum July 16th. Kevin is gonna do a free workshop before the show too. You should come up for that. I know it's a few hours drive for you but it should be a good night of guitar! :0) we can do the axe fx hang! There a couple more here now.

Larry

Larry

Thanks for all of your videos, comments and insights in to the Axe FX II. Seeing this from you really helps show off the new unit and with your input and offerings (visit your studio to try it out, etc), it also shows that you're one helluva nice guy too.

:)

Back
Top Bottom