Firmware Version 7.13 Now Available

Finally first to THANK YOU, Cliff!

It's becoming a very hard race lately :lol:

For the 3 ppl thet RTFRN, "zet" should probably be "set" :p
Fixed Compressor Bypass Mode not able to be zet.

Now I almost ten points behind. I have to get the new editor installed....and working on my laptop so that I try all the new goodies.

Can some one post the release notes I'm away from a real Internet connection for another day. Damn you time warner cable. A week and a half to get a tech? Just give me the damn hardware.

Firstpenguin said:
Can some one post the release notes I'm away from a real Internet connection for another day. Damn you time warner cable. A week and a half to get a tech? Just give me the damn hardware.
Returned global pitch detector speed to pre-7.12 settings.
Fixed Q4 parameter in Resonator block incorrectly mapped in GUI.
Fixed Compressor Bypass Mode not able to be zet.
Improved Octave Divider algorithm. Improved tracking and reduced intermodulation products.

Thanks Cliff!

For the love of God, I haven't even updated to 7.12 yet! I've got the file waiting to go, just haven't had a chance to do it. And now I find there's already a new version out! I'm not sure why I'm getting so stressed about this :x; firmware updates are a good thing! :lol:

I didn't updated to 7.12 either because I have a very important gig this Friday, but now that the global pitch detector speed has been returned to pre-7.12 settings, I may do that…

Thanks Cliff !

OT : Now, if someone can help me on that, I'll be able to use the whammy on Friday's gig, which will be broadcasted live on the net :oops: :
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6845

fremen said:
I didn't updated to 7.12 either because I have a very important gig this Friday, but now that the global pitch detector speed has been returned to pre-7.12 settings, I may do that…

Thanks Cliff !

OT : Now, if someone can help me on that, I'll be able to use the whammy on Friday's gig, which will be broadcasted live on the net :oops: :
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6845
May best lay off then, there have been several reports of eproms failing and it may be better to wait until there's time to get a replacement from Fractal.

Just in case.

Dutch said:
May best lay off then, there have been several reports of eproms failing and it may be better to wait until there's time to get a replacement from Fractal.
Just in case.
:?: my thread is about the EV5/MidiMate compatibility, I don't have any problem with my Axe…

fremen said:
Dutch said:
Just in case.
:?: my thread is about the EV5/MidiMate compatibility, I don't have any problem with my Axe…

He meant, IF you rely on your Axe-Fx, you shouldn't update the firmware due to the possible eprom failure. FAS/G66 won't be able to send you a replacement in time, before your gig.

Possible eprom failures with the latest firmwares updates ? Now I'm scarred… I'll wait, for sure :eek:

fremen said:
Possible eprom failures with the latest firmwares updates ? Now I'm scarred… I'll wait, for sure :eek:

Well, I doubt that it has anything to do with the latest firmware revisions. There're probably more people reporting problems, because more and more
people buy an Axe-Fx and become members of this forum.
However, if you have an important gig this week and don't want to risk borking your precious, you'd better wait. I'd do the same, although I've
had my Ultra for almost a year and never had a single hiccup with the numerous updates I did (I started on 5.15).

Seb

Yes, I'll do that, no need to update for this gig, I'll check the improved pitch shifter after that. Any feedback on the global pitch shift speed detection with 7.13, compared to 7.12 ?

Sebastian said:
fremen said:
Dutch said:
Just in case.

He meant, IF you rely on your Axe-Fx, you shouldn't update the firmware due to the possible eprom failure. FAS/G66 won't be able to send you a replacement in time, before your gig.
Yeah. I meant that.

To put things in perspective: I read about four or five failed eproms, I think one was longer ago, so that's the scale of things. I don't have a gig coming (Or a band, for that matter) and my update went fine. Still slightly apprehensive, though. I read about one that happened in Europe last week. Half of Germany (including G66) was closed for holidays since Thursday so I guess he's still waiting on his. Sounded awful so it stuck in my mind.

Cliff,
Many thanks for adjusting the pitch detection speed.

As for the Eprom business, s**t happens right? If you want the big win you gotta buy the lottery ticket. :lol:

I don't know that updating firmware degrades the Eprom but I'm not the technical guru that Java or Jay are so perhaps one of them can chime in about that.

Oh, did I mention, thank you Cliff? :D

Back
Top Bottom