Firmware Version 10.11 Now Available

I would serioulsly suggest a two-week period between updates. With all respect, any update get's into new terriitory in a positive manner.
But you simply have to let your users "breathe"... I know that your whole life is constantly making the Axe-software better in all corners. But we need to take a breath between updates.
No pun taken.

There were some bug fixes in this update, which IMHO are ideally addressed as soon as possible. Cliff has always been very prompt in this regard.

IIRC, the other changes were largely additions, which can be ignored until you have the cycle available to take them in and digest them.

My $0.02.

Terry.

I would serioulsly suggest a two-week period between updates. With all respect, any update get's into new terriitory in a positive manner.
But you simply have to let your users "breathe"... I know that your whole life is constantly making the Axe-software better in all corners. But we need to take a breath between updates.
No pun taken.

If there are things that need to be fixed as in this update, why would you want to wait?

Thanks again to all at Fractal & bring on the updates as you see fit!

btw... the bug about no user cab slots after the slot #1 and the system restart... is still there after upgrading to 10.11!!! :nightmare:

Did you actually hear the difference after updating the firmware?
I am just curious..
Thanks

Yes, much more gain than on 10.10 :) Now I'm able to dial in the same values as on the tube version to get the same amount of gain! Well done FAS! Hats off.... :D

@ Thomas Hawk: I like your signature :lol

No pun taken.

Nothing or no one is stopping you from waiting two weeks to update your Axe... I definitely prefer updates as soon as they are available. Thanks a million Cliff!

No pun taken.

As has been pointed out: the length you hold your breath for is determined by you, not Fractal. You can wait as long as you need to before applying any updates. :)

Damn this sucks.

I tried to fix some tiles that fell out in my swimming pool. So the good folks at Lowe's recommended that I use Gorilla Glue. Tiles are fixed -- solid. However i did make a mess and I got Gorilla Glue all over my hands.

Nothing and I mean nothing takes that crap out. I tried everything (gasoline, acetone, wd, paint thinner etc) -- nothing worked. finally got on their website and guess what -- they recommend wearing gloves because nothing removes the glue from your hands.

They recommend washing with soap and water and in 4-5 days I will have new skin to replace the crap that is now covering my hands.

I guess no guitar playing for a week or trying out FW 10.11

Good thing my next gig is not until the 20th.

Moral of the story -- read the "release notes" and wear gloves if you are going to work with Gorilla Glue!

memes_extreme_facepalm-s500x518-177725_zps09afff8e.jpg

Last edited:
They recommend washing with soap and water and in 4-5 days I will have new skin to replace the crap that is now covering my hands.

I guess no guitar playing for a week or trying out FW 10.11

Sand that stuff off & get back to working on those Trip-Tik patches for us. We're counting on you!

:lol

The Trip-Tik Classic is killer in v10.11. It's capable of so many tones by using just the Input Drive and Overdrive controls....I'm totally liking this amp and the new drive controls...

FYI, Axe Edit Discussion thread still has a Sticky for 10.09.
That is where the FW stickies used to normally show up.
Unless that was on purpose... then Move Along... Nothing to see here...

i really dig that dynamic !
I've never been so happy with a guitar gear. Always on evolution and that's what I bought and love . Period.

I found a real improvement with the Triptik Classic: seems we can do all from blues to classic rock, to hard rock to early metal...

as usual kudos to FAS team. Just need to have the new AE and we're all set !

Back
Top Bottom