• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Firmware Version 10.10 Now Available

Based on Fredrik's personal specifications as it says in the release notes.

I get a crushing metal tone with the settings below. Similar to the settings in the DAR video teaser, but I don't know if the amps are similar. The resulting tone is among the heaviest tones I've gotten out of the Axe ever (I'm not a metal player).

Modern model
Gain 6.50
Bass 6
Mid 1
Treble 7
HiCut 0

Cab: 2x Uber T75, 1x 57 dyn, 1x r121.

Plus a TS9 block with little Drive and high Level before the amp. This tames the overwhelming low frequencies.

Play in dropped tuning (of course).

thanks Yek, I thought maybe it was maybe a DAR based on quick google search, Thor. had some DAR made to his specifications. Cant wait to try!!!!!!!!

Reactions: yek
Just did a quick test and got to say I'm a bit surprised how far off it seems to the DAR - both how it handles palm mutes as well as the available gain on tap. Boosting sure is a necessity to get any where close. It seems dry in the same manner, though.

darn, was hoping for sssssssssssssssssssssick gain;

ADD ON:

Ok tried it with yeks suggestions, frikking awesome, with my 7 string, very meshuggah, in fact it likes most of the cabs and mics I threw at it; started confusing myself what I liked better. VERY VERY NICE addition, instant gratification. Thanks Cliff.

Last edited:
I got Axe with me, but no guitar... And no speakers :(

Thanks Cliff and FAS. You are making life fun :)

ooh...what a sweet add! Fredirik Thordendal’s traditional jazz amps for stellar clean tones - gonna check them out tonite :lol

Much thx for the update! Hat off!

Cheers
Paco

9W1WORE.jpg

This is sooo sweet! :)

The update didn't go well for me...
I think it fried my AXE-II unit... everything went well in fractal-bot then I heard weird sounds on the monitors the Axe lcd became scrambled and then nothing...
I had to power it off, and when I boot it again it didn't boot at all, all light on and nothing happens.

Any way of resetting the whole thing ? or will I have to send it back to G66 ???

Thanks for any help you could provide.

Btw, I live in Europe (France)

The update didn't go well for me...
I think it fried my AXE-II unit... everything went well in fractal-bot then I heard weird sounds on the monitors the Axe lcd became scrambled and then nothing...
I had to power it off, and when I boot it again it didn't boot at all, all light on and nothing happens.

Any way of resetting the whole thing ? or will I have to send it back to G66 ???

Thanks for any help you could provide.

Btw, I live in Europe (France)

Hold down the RECALL button as you power up. You might have to do it a couple of times. I had to do it twice before mine came back to life after a failed firmware update.

Didn't Help fix the thing but thanks for the tip

G66 support is taking it from there I'll never say how good their support is !
5 min for a proper answer and potential solution.

Part of what makes a product and company a good one is their support model.

Thanks for another amazing update Cliff--The second best thing about owning the AXII (after playing the amazing sounds of course) is watching in real time a genius relentlessly pursuing the goal of making the ultimate guitar fx machine...

G66 support is taking it from there I'll never say how good their support is !
5 min for a proper answer and potential solution.

Part of what makes a product and company a good one is their support model.

Kikok, what's the solution?

Btw, thanks Cliff and team!

Back
Top Bottom