Firmware Version 10.02 Now Available

Go on the Axe Fx WIKI.
Yek and other have worked tirelessly to build. It has a plethora of advice and tips PLUS all the release notes from every firmware update to present (10.02)

The new FW update, shouldn't touch your patches, but read the release notes to be sure :)

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

10.01 notes are in the release notes in the downloaded zip file. Just scroll down past 10.02. Or use the Wiki: Axe-Fx II Wiki Home - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Updating the firmware does not overwrite presets.

• Changed USA Pre Green and USA Pre Yellow amp models to have power amp sim active by default (Supply Sag nonzero).
  • Increased output level of Division 13 and Shiver Clean amp models based on customer feedback.
  • Added “Plexi 100W Nrml” model.
  • Removed pass-through of MIDI Clock messages as this causes excessive lag when using MFC-101 via the CAT-5 connection.
  • Fixed Amp block speaker impedance graph “shifting”.
  • Fixed sync message not sent to Axe-Edit when changing bypass state via front panel.
  • Fixed parameter text being overwritten when a Scene Select is received over MIDI.

• Added Mode parameter to Tone Match block. When sst to “Offline” the algorithm is optimized for non-real-time matching, i.e. matching a recording. When set to “Live” the algorithm is optimized for matching a live source such as an amp. Note that the Live mode can also be used for matching recordings and, in some cases, may achieve better results than Offline mode.
  • Fixed crashing due to bug in Looper block.

Cliff thank you for the dedication you put into this product, and for creating a product that years ago was a dream to many I´m proud of owning one of this units, thank you!

Wow.... Tireless obsession with creating the perfect amp. I love this company. Thank you Cliff and the rest of the FAS team! I have become a diehard customer because of your efforts :encouragement:.

Thank you Cliff! Its great to see output adjustments are being made to some of the amp models. I use a decibel app on my iPhone to set the output of all my patches. While I know the phone's db meter is not perfect, it shows as much as a +18 difference between the Atomica High - which is extremely loud - and the Division13 CJ. I really appreciate the hard work and dedication you and your team put into this product. THANK YOU!!! :)

Upgrade to 10.02 went smoothly. If I can't upgrade the MFC to 2.16 can I look forward to a trouble free gig or would unplugging it from the Axe, firing up the Axe, then reconnecting the Ethernet be the best way to handle it while still on 2.15?

Upgrade to 10.02 went smoothly. If I can't upgrade the MFC to 2.16 can I look forward to a trouble free gig or would unplugging it from the Axe, firing up the Axe, then reconnecting the Ethernet be the best way to handle it while still on 2.15?

Handle what? The solution with 2.15 was to change presets using the MFC after initial power on and it's all good.

All new firmware is installed(Axe and MFC). Who says you cant fall in love again. Great job and many thanks.

Handle what? The solution with 2.15 was to change presets using the MFC after initial power on and it's all good.

Thanks Chris. I assume 2.16 fixes even having to do that but I usually change the preset and cycle my volume pedal to get everything ready so it sounds like I would be good to go if I temporarily stay at 2.15.

Last edited:
I'm completely blown away by FW v. 10.2. I feel like the JVM OD1 and OD2 are just as usable as my actual JVM. I don't know how much of the improvements are respectively due to better amp modeling and partially due to better settings, but I find the Brit Pre is now usable as is for my generic classic rock crunch for covers. Although I'd love any suggestions for another amp for the default classic rock cover band preset!

I'm also extremely happy with all the new amps, like the Silver Jubilee. I don't know if the Carvin Vai Legacy was there before and I just missed knowing what it was, but that's great. Although the preset sounds nothing like Vai's demos of the amp or his recordings, at least to me. Taking considerable twiddling. And I think I'm going to have to buy an actually Legacy 3 amp anyway.

Back
Top Bottom