Wish Firmware optimization options.

Bruce Sokolovic

Fractal Fanatic
Don’t even know if this is possible but here it goes. What I’d love to see are different firmware options for different use cases. For instance, my III sits in my desk and never leaves. I’d like a firmware that is optimized for the studio, where latency may not be as much an issue for me as if I were playing live. Maybe I’m only using my III to reamp, maybe I can get more blocks at higher qualities and sacrifice latency for it. And vice versa, maybe I’m playing live and some block qualities may not matter as much, so maybe then I can get more blocks or lower latency numbers. I guess what I’m getting at is I’d like to see different firmware for different goals. Maybe I dont even want any amp or cab models and just want to use the III in 4CM in my rig. I’d bet there could be significant savings eliminating those features for this kind of setup.

I feel like Axefx is highly optimized. The only option I can think of is halving the resolution of the block and run 2 istances, one active and the other one to have gapless switching (mixed when processing is done).
The free use of CPU could be a useful addiction mainly for FM series.
I think general and/or preset parameters options could be considered (different firmware will be a nightmare both for user and programmer!).

Back
Top Bottom