Firmware 23.00 Beta 5 thread gone

Really weird bug. I copied and pasted the name "St. George's Church" from a web page. The apostrophe is a non-ASCII character and was causing the code to go off into the weeds. It looks like a regular apostrophe but it's character value is greater than 127 which wreaked havoc on the string functions. A normal apostrophe has a value of 39.

A new beta will be available shortly w/ the fix.

Really weird bug. I copied and pasted the name "St. George's Church" from a web page. The apostrophe is a non-ASCII character and was causing the code to go off into the weeds. It looks like a regular apostrophe but it's character value is greater than 127 which wreaked havoc on the string functions. A normal apostrophe has a value of 39.

I hate that on copy and paste! That stuff has messed with my code before and it can be hard to find!! Glad you were able to get it figured/worked out quickly!!! Looking forward to B6 (or b5_2) ;~))

One more compile before the pub then!

I hate that on copy and paste! That stuff has messed with my code before and it can be hard to find!! Glad you were able to get it figured/worked out quickly!!! Looking forward to B6 (or b5_2) ;~))
I isolated the problem to that reverb model and when I looked at the data I noticed that one of the name characters had a negative value.

Weird thing is that it worked fine in the debug build.

I isolated the problem to that reverb model and when I looked at the data I noticed that one of the name characters had a negative value.

Weird thing is that it worked fine in the debug build.
d35a3d88-0d21-4161-afd7-3d95395358f3_text.gif
star-trek-star-trek-tos.gif

The crux of the biscuit might be the Unicode apostrophe.

For the uninitiated who want to glipse the pain:

Back
Top Bottom