Fender FR-12 preamp mod : The Hissterectomy

My first thought when I got my cabs was : i wonder if i could get like the 5150 stripes cloth (if it even exists). Or that black you did there @WKSmith looks fantastic

When Fender releases their FR-12 Mark 2, and the market is flooded with original FRs, no one will know if they’re buying it unmodified, professionally modified, or some amateur hack job mod 😀

When Fender releases their FR-12 Mark 2, and the market is flooded with original FRs, no one will know if they’re buying it unmodified, professionally modified, or some amateur hack job mod 😀
Unless it has some new features, like a clip light ..or perhaps if you can turn the compression driver all the way off with the cut knob. The lack of hiss would give it away too.

Maybe there will be a bunch of really cheap hissy ones soon

Three bands is the sauce!

queue reaction s GIF

Late to the party here; I didn't get through the full thread. Is the hiss problem something that Fender has acknowledged? Will it be corrected in future units?

I am intrigued.

Late to the party here; I didn't get through the full thread. Is the hiss problem something that Fender has acknowledged?

In a backhanded way, filtered through marketing-speak and citing the marketing team's bogus power output claims as the reason for it, because, in essence, "a 1000W amp is going to hiss".

Will it be corrected in future units?

Sounds like they are trying to pass it off as a feature and sweep it under the rug so far.

I am intrigued.

It is an unfolding drama....

Back
Top Bottom