Fender FR-12 preamp mod : The Hissterectomy

got the fr-10 today. like the form factor much more compared to fr-12. gonna keep that.
regarding the level of hiss without input, i would describe this as low, but noticable.
so i would assume the fender workaround might be inside. will open it up later to verify.

... now i am very curious what "near the top" means in terms of v2 supply :D

@WKSmith, ... just ... thank you!

got the fr-10 today. like the form factor much more compared to fr-12. gonna keep that.
regarding the level of hiss without input, i would describe this as low, but noticable.
so i would assume the fender workaround might be inside. will open it up later to verify.

... now i am very curious what "near the top" means in terms of v2 supply :D

@WKSmith, ... just ... thank you!
Near the top is circled in red

IMG_1620.jpeg

Check out the link to manual on page 1 of this thread 🙂

not powersupply :tearsofjoy: whatever, really enjoying the fr-10 right now!
its early Bwahaha! must. have. coffee.
I don't want to start posting waitlist positions... but its higher than #2 and lower than #4... so its on the workbench today.

The first 5 of you awesome people reached out to be on the waitlist as early as December ..before there was a waitlist, so I honored that request as your waitlist date and you are at the front of the line. Almost 20 of you signed up within just hours of the formal waitlist announcement on January 20 ..and an amazing response has followed. I had no idea there were so many of us needing a V2. I don't want to give F-Corp a heads up on how many potential warranty claims and dis-satisfied customers I have saved them from... but it is well into the triple digits of V2s spoken for already. And there is no advertising whatsoever.

Y'all are beyond awesome!

I know it seems like forever, but the formal waitlist was announced just 72 days ago.
Thats a way better lead time than F-Corp and their deep pockets to fund production.

Last edited:
excited kermit GIF

I was excited, then I realized that I joined the waiting list on Feb 26, so now I am calm again

Hmmm. I reached out in November 2023. I don’t particularly care about waiting a week or 2 more, but I didn’t want to miss on the sticker. 😢😭😭

To me, having high end audio components in the signal chain is a match made in heaven with a Fractal device.
The only component I wonder about is the quality of the power amp. Time will tell I suppose.
But I do like the speakers in these FRs.

Back
Top Bottom