Fender Bassbreaker 15 + AXE-FX

Hi!

I found very little posts regarding this topic. Does anyone have experience from running the Fender Bassbreaker 15W (or equivalent amp) silent recording Line Out (XLR) straight to AXE-FX2 and then simulating the power amp and cabinet with amp and cabinet blocks?

The AXE-FX provides so much different preamp - power amp combinations that I guess it would be nice to capture the sound and feel of a familiar tube preamp and concentrate only to the post preamp stuff... :)

Hi!

I found very little posts regarding this topic. Does anyone have experience from running the Fender Bassbreaker 15W (or equivalent amp) silent recording Line Out (XLR) straight to AXE-FX2 and then simulating the power amp and cabinet with amp and cabinet blocks?

The AXE-FX provides so much different preamp - power amp combinations that I guess it would be nice to capture the sound and feel of a familiar tube preamp and concentrate only to the post preamp stuff... :)

It could be done this way but in the Fractal you can't turn off the preamp simulation so you would be running the real preamp of the Bassbreaker + Fractal simulated preamp.

You could use the Fractal any way you like of course :)

In this mode you might try cab blocks and efx blocks and maybe not the amp block.

It could be done this way but in the Fractal you can't turn off the preamp simulation so you would be running the real preamp of the Bassbreaker + Fractal simulated preamp.

You could use the Fractal any way you like of course :)

In this mode you might try cab blocks and efx blocks and maybe not the amp block.

I have understood that the preamp can be "bypassed" by selecting the Tube Pre and neutral tonestack, while all controls at noon. This way the modeling uses only mainly the power amp sim?

I have understood that the preamp can be "bypassed" by selecting the Tube Pre and neutral tonestack, while all controls at noon. This way the modeling uses only mainly the power amp sim?

Yes the Tube Pre can be setup like that. The preamp simulation is never 100% off though.

Yes the Tube Pre can be setup like that. The preamp simulation is never 100% off though.

Wonder when this feature will be enabled. One could then use Axe-Fx similarly as Torpedo Live or Studio, although Torpedo is 32bit/96kHz but in a mix content one might not notice a major difference. Of course one would need a separate load box or an amp with preamp direct out.

Wonder when this feature will be enabled. One could then use Axe-Fx similarly as Torpedo Live or Studio, although Torpedo is 32bit/96kHz but in a mix content one might not notice a major difference. Of course one would need a separate load box or an amp with preamp direct out.
It won't. Cliff has stated previously that decoupling of the pre- and power-amp sections is not feasible, avid and that would be required to do what you are asking, IIRC.

Given that most end users are listening to MP3's, or heavy compressed audio via YouTube, SoundCloud etc, these days, no.... I don't think anyone would notice a major difference if its not 32bit/96kHz

Likewise, during a live gig I don't think the drunk guy in the 3rd row is going to notice what the sample rate is

There was mention of a couple of different versions of a load box to be offered by FAS. Maybe one of these will have the features you are looking for.

Only time will tell.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/recording-tube-head-with-axe-fx-cab-sims.119956/#post-1426697

Back
Top Bottom