FCB1010 - is it possible?

MicroMort

Inspired
I apologize in advance for yet another footswitch thread. Just asking for some high level guidance.
I currently have an FCB1010 with EurekaProm2. It doesn't seem to work to well for me. This is what I'm looking for......it's not much, but it would work perfect for me:

Huz42iL.jpg

1-5 would be custom setups with different amps, cabs, etc..
6 - 10 would be looper controls

Is this possible? I'm extremely new... I have an AxeFX II XL. I'm comfortable using axe edit as well as the panel interface. I have been creating and saving different effect/amp/cab combinations. I would prefer not to switch on different effects, but to switch out entire patches for clean/dirty... Would the best way to look into scenes? Do I even need the EurekaPROM2 functionality? Seems overkill for what I'm looking for.

I think you want the Other Midi Controllers section.

The FCB1010 is quite versatile. Good luck.

shoot! first post too... showing my age here. Yes, I want the Other Midi Controllers Section (mods, feel free to move/delete).

It should be entirely possible.

I don't know about the Eureka ROM - I have the Uno. Only thing there though that looks like it's not covered by 'standard' FCB functionality though is if you want pedals 1-5 to activate in a 'stompbox' type manner. Uno will do this (though I think only with the top row).

FCB will operate like a 'stompbox' normally but the LEDs will always show the last switch pressed rather than which effect is on/off which is kinda confusing.

cheers

i think it should be possible.

i have a fcb1010 too an my setup is:
upper row: selecting patches
bottom row: selecting scenes and the 5 for tempo tapping

i think the looper in the axe is controlled via CCs so you have to disable all PCs for the button and only enable the correct CC for the looper function you want to assign to this button

It's possible with the UnO ship in it.

bottom row patches, upper row IA-commands (CC's)

Thank you very much for the replies. I have no use for the lights on/off so that's fine. I'll check in again once my UnO chip arrives.

One more question - does the UnO chip allow for IA or CC commands on the UP/Down buttons?

Thank you very much for the replies. I have no use for the lights on/off so that's fine. I'll check in again once my UnO chip arrives.

One more question - does the UnO chip allow for IA or CC commands on the UP/Down buttons?

AFAIK no

I use mine like this (with the UNO chip).

Upper row is selecting a preset and a specific scene by using midi mapping.
So the first bank is for example preset 21 and i use the upper row to select scene 1 to 5. Next bank is Another preset and the five first scenes in that preset.

Lower row is stomp box mode and used for switching on and off drive, X/Y, Chorus, delay and other within the preset.

You can control every aspect of the Axe with a stock FCB1010. Presets, scenes, FX on/off, tap tempo, tuner on/off, X/Y switching, looper controls, etc. are all possible and you can assign any of these to any button you want. The mod chips do give a few extra tricks, but they are not necessary for full control of the Axe II. The only real downfall is the lack of reliable 2 way communication with the Axe for things like realtime LED updates. You have to largely ignore the LEDs on the stock FCB1010 and just use the Axe screen for your info. The trick is to treat each bank on the FCB1010 as a separate "mode" that you can switch between. For example, I have mine setup with Banks 0 through 7 with switches 1 through 5 as presets, 6 through 8 as scenes, 9 as tuner on/off, and 10 as tap tempo. bank 8 is setup with all buttons as looper controls and bank 9 is setup as all stomp switches for FX. Using the bank up and down buttons on the FCB1010 you can then switch between the different banks as needed while playing to access stomps or looper controls or whatever.

^^^ this. The FCB1010 stock isn't the sexiest MIDI controller out there, but if you fully understand how to program the switches and how it works with the AxeFxII, then it is an excellent bang-for-the-buck controller. I've used two of them (primary and backup/rehearsal) for many, many years and never had any significant issues with them. As mr_fender stated, the biggest down side is that you don't get a lot of feedback on the board itself once you go beyond simple preset changes, but if you have things mapped out logically and can remember what you are doing, then it's not terribly cumbersome. FWIW.

Is it possible to set the buttons up to switch scenes without a UNO?

As already stated, yes. The major difference the UNO chip provides is the "stomp box" buttons (can have multiple LEDs on, Stomp buttons do not change with FCB Banks). Scenes are either/or (i.e. you can only have one active at a time) so the stomp functionality of the Uno really doesn't help much for Scenes.

With out the uno you can set single switches for stomp, scene, preset, bypass, xy all in the same bank its a little hard to set up though you can also set switches to do two cc# at a time.

Back
Top Bottom