FC per-preset overrides: update to 20.00 changes controlled fx block

Ingo

Inspired
I upgraded the AxeFx from 19.08 to 20.00 last night. Global FC footswitches were not affected, but some pre-preset overrides were: these were originally controlling trem/pan1 or rotary1 fx bypass, and after the update, they all controlled amp1 bypass instead.

Please note: I never had 20.00 beta4 installed on the unit.

Not a big deal, just fixed the (thankfully few) assignments, but just a notice.

I upgraded the AxeFx from 19.08 to 20.00 last night. Global FC footswitches were not affected, but some pre-preset overrides were: these were originally controlling trem/pan1 or rotary1 fx bypass, and after the update, they all controlled amp1 bypass instead.

Not at my Axe, but it'd be great if some other folks could check this. Makes me not want to upgrade until this is settled.

I'm still having issues with overrides now, I've fixed/re-saved them but occasionally they appear to 'forget' their settings and default to another effect, or sometimes in any given preset, the effect is not even visible as available on the FC at all. Sometimes going to another preset then back again fixes it, and other times, not. It's a bit sporadic.

I also observed an issue with my PP switches defaulting to Amp1 using firmware 20.00. I wen directly from 19.08 to 20.00. I did not install the beta version.

I haven't been able to reproduce this here. Do you happen to have a backup of a preset that had this issue in its 19.08 form?

Same problem, I posted this in the main Firmware 20.00 topic, but haven’t got any solution so fare:
If you installed 20.00 beta 4, however, this will have already modified your layouts, so you will need to either restore them from a backup, or adjust the individual switches manually. Layouts can be restored using a "System" backup from Fractal-Bot, or a "Layouts" file from Axe-Edit. If you'd rather reset to the factory default FC layouts, find this under SETUP> FC Controllers> Reset.
I restored System Backup from my 5 last backups, it does not fix the mixed up override switches. I went from 20.00 beta 4 to 20.00 . Did I miss something? Had anybody luck in this procedure?

I'm still having issues with overrides now, I've fixed/re-saved them but occasionally they appear to 'forget' their settings and default to another effect, or sometimes in any given preset, the effect is not even visible as available on the FC at all. Sometimes going to another preset then back again fixes it, and other times, not. It's a bit sporadic.
Do you mind providing some presets that exhibit this behavior and your "System + Global Blocks + FC" backup from Fractal-Bot when you have a chance, please?

I haven't been able to reproduce this here. Do you happen to have a backup of a preset that had this issue in its 19.08 form?
Sorry, I don't.. :( Ever since I started to use the block library more extensively, I became very sloppy with backups.. last are from a year ago, before I even used that FC layout and per-preset overrides.

Here's an update on the issue encountered by some here.
@BryantP was able to identify a problem with the way some per-preset switches map to effects after the addition of the Dynamic Distortion block. I am told that this problem only manifests in certain circumstances, which he will detail. He has created a fix which will be tested for release.

Last edited:
I experience the problem with presets with no Dynamic Distortion block in use. Though I have incorporated some DDB in 1-2 presets.

Back
Top Bottom