Fat switch

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
The fat switch on all the 50 and 100 watt Plexi amps doesn't seem to be doing anything at all since upgrading to 11.05 and the new Axe Edit. I tried upgrading both again but got the same result. The fat switch still works on several of the Fender amps I've tried so far since updating. Any one else having this problem?

It is working here. It is not in your face but it has an effect. I'm not sure if that is intended or not.

Cliff has stated in the past and at Axe-fest that the Fat switch shifts the treble capacitor of the tone stack. So it will different depending on the amp and especially its location.

The Fat Switch multiplies the tone stack treble cap by four. Depending upon the type of tone stack, tone control settings, position, etc., etc. the effect can be more or less noticeable.

The Fat Switch multiplies the tone stack treble cap by four. Depending upon the type of tone stack, tone control settings, position, etc., etc. the effect can be more or less noticeable.
Is it possible to assign the Fat Switch to a footswitch on the AX8?

Yes. First assign a “Control switch” to the FAT parameter. Then assign one of the onboard switches to that Control switch.

Yes. First assign a “Control switch” to the FAT parameter. Then assign one of the onboard switches to that Control switch.
Hi Yek! Love your guides. I think I'm missing something. Doesn't this have to be above the Fat Switch to assign it? As you can see, I do not.Fat switch screen shot.jpg

Back
Top Bottom