FAT Switch is totally different than Axe-Fx ll

If the reference amp didn't have a fat switch to get a value off of, then the fat switch in the AFX3 would have to be an approximation at where it would sound "best", the center freq could have been placed anywhere, and the amps probably all got redone for the AFX3.

Related question: according to the manual, the "tonestack freq" and "fat" switches both adjust the tonestack center frequency. Are these two params essentially interchangeable (e.g. tonestack freq set to 500, fat switch lowers it to 400... resulting in same tone as directly setting tonestack freq to 400 ?) Or is there more going on ?

I use the fat switch over half the time, so I'm interested to know more about what it does :)

Related question: according to the manual, the "tonestack freq" and "fat" switches both adjust the tonestack center frequency. Are these two params essentially interchangeable (e.g. tonestack freq set to 500, fat switch lowers it to 400... resulting in same tone as directly setting tonestack freq to 400 ?) Or is there more going on ?

I use the fat switch over half the time, so I'm interested to know more about what it does :)

Just hang out, he's listening from above, and periodically descends to impart wisdom...:microscope::lightbulb::leftmagnify::eyes:. Also read the whole forum, cause the needle you're looking for is probably already in here somewhere.

(Do an advanced search for "tonestack", check the "thread titles only" box and see what it pulls up)

The Fat switch changes a value in the tone stack which changes the response of the stack, shifting the mid dip down and making it less pronounced. The Tonestack Freq. parameter frequency scales all the reactive components in the tone stack which is something quite different.

The recto present in the III has cut enabled (at least mine does). The last set of presets I installed in the II had it off. I'd imagine having the cut on would make the fat switch seem to be more of a bright boost. Sorry I'm not near Axe to test the theory.

Back
Top Bottom