"Fat" is the new USA!

sonofmickel

Inspired
Ooops...the new way I use USA Lead that is!
Very nice, juicy Bogneresque fatness! Ginormous burger and fries goodness with American Sauce(ketchup) slathered all over goodness for my heart and arteries. Put some mayo on those fries for a good Deutsch flava. Maybe a "doner kebab mit rote" will do for ya.

You are right about it :) FAT changed the game for me..That's the sound I love..I removed all EQ I used to use in my patches before FAT era :)
God Bless you Cliff !!!

Yeah! usa lead (2) is the only sim I tried so far with 6.0 (for a new patch, that is. Did run through the presets though.) and the fat switch sounds powerful on this. Great feature!

If you're a Boogie guy you'll be right at home with the fat switch. It does the same thing as the "pull fat" on a MKIV.

Thank you so much Cliff. The fat switch is exactly why I bought my Mesa 2:90 in the nineties and all other deep switches on other power amps were not set at the magic spot as that one was. Loving the fatness with this new firmware, thanks again!

Yep discovered the "Fat" switch today. Way to go. So many new hidden things to explore and find. Thanks Cliff. Now go take a well deserved Vacation and relax!

yes the Fat switch on the Mark Lead models is a huge added plus, I used it all the time with my real mark IV/III Red Stripe
on for specific guitars off for others, now I can really dial in my mark patches.

This Fat circuit *does not* have the same effect as the classic Mesa & Dumble Fat circuits - it needs to always be pre-distortion to sound most musical!

Ooops...the new way I use USA Lead that is!
Very nice, juicy Bogneresque fatness! Ginormous burger and fries goodness with American Sauce(ketchup) slathered all over goodness for my heart and arteries. Put some mayo on those fries for a good Deutsch flava. Maybe a "doner kebab mit rote" will do for ya.

Dude, this comment reminds me so much of a drummer I used to play with. It's uncanny. You two could be twins. (he plays guitar now)

This Fat circuit *does not* have the same effect as the classic Mesa & Dumble Fat circuits - it needs to always be pre-distortion to sound most musical!

The tonestack on the Mesa Mark sims is in pre location, and so is the fat switch. It's also easily heard as it adds drive and alters its character.

Back
Top Bottom