FACTORY PRESETS SOUND LIKE A BLANKET OVER MY RCF'S

SRDELE

Inspired
My patches that I have tweaked sound good, I did adjust eq somewhat more to tast.
All of The factory presets I have to adjust the MV up a ways to bring it to life and adjust the dampening to tast a will say but alway clockwise to open the soud back up.
Is this right? I can make real good patches but i keep hearing that the factory patches sound great rifght from the start. I know this is my ears that hear things this way
but I have not heard anyone else bring this up make me fell something is just not right.

Do you play at gig levels? The factory presets were dialed in loud. That will make the top and bottom ends sound muted at less-than-gig volumes.

If you're patches sound better to you than the factory ones, then just use yours.

I haven't used a factory patch in like forevs...

I'm not sure anyone really uses those patches without some tweaking to their own liking. I think they're great to help you get started with the AXE, but after a while you simply create your own patches to suit your personal set up. I wouldn't fret too much over them...

I do play them loud, That would be after I bring up the MV. To get them tobe loud that is. When i do get them up there that is were it comes to life.

NATER,
i do just use the patches that i made so not to worried about that, It is more how everyone else is talking how great they sound from the get go.
No one is saying after the raise the MV is why i am asking about this.

NATER,
i do just use the patches that i made so not to worried about that, It is more how everyone else is talking how great they sound from the get go.
No one is saying after the raise the MV is why i am asking about this.

Hmmmm.... got it! Have you checked your global output EQ? Maybe you've got some sliders all jacked up. I think the factory presets are intended to be used with global EQ's flat.

That is in the back of my head. I did have to adjust that EQ a bit. but my eq curve would say the sound shoud be brighter in nature. but i did read someone else whent back to flat on that global EQ. But would flat equal fuller sound than a bost on some frequencies?

Well who knows.... I was just making sure you didn't accidently get your global EQ out of whack. It could be a number of things, guitar, new strings etc. You're going to dial in your own patches based on what you're hearing from your guitar/setup etc. So, when loading a factory patch, there could be many variables that could be causing them to sound "off". There is no universal "fix" for everyone to get the factory patches to sound better. You could try resetting the amp block in the factory patch and go from there... if I were determined to get the factory patches to sound better, that's what I'd do.

I will back up things and work from there. It would seam there is something with my setting were no one eles is talking about this. Things do sound great on my patches so not too consered about it.
This is something that I find fun with the axe fx is working thing out to your own taste.
Thanks fot the help. I may post what i find after spending some time with it.

Do you play at gig levels? The factory presets were dialed in loud. That will make the top and bottom ends sound muted at less-than-gig volumes.

Any advice for someone who never plays at gig levels and only plays in their basement at low volume levels through FRFR studio monitors (Equator D5's)? Should I turn up the master volume level on each patch? Thank you in advance for any guidance / suggestions.

Regards,

Chizzy

Any advice for someone who never plays at gig levels and only plays in their basement at low volume levels through FRFR studio monitors (Equator D5's)? Should I turn up the master volume level on each patch? Thank you in advance for any guidance / suggestions.

Regards,

Chizzy

Build your clean presets first then your dirty ones, you get better results when changing presets volume wise.

I do play them loud, That would be after I bring up the MV. To get them tobe loud that is. When i do get them up there that is were it comes to life.
When you say "loud," do you mean gig-level loud or home-studio loud? There's a difference. :)

By the way, don't turn up MV to change volume. Use the output knob on the front panel. MV fundamentally changes your tone. The level knob doesn't.

At lower volumes, your ears are less sensitive to high and low frequencies. Its worth spending a few minutes reading about the Fletcher-Munson equal-loudness curves in the WIKI or elsewhere.

You can compensate for that by boosting treble and bass with filters, or with the global EQ. The best fix is to dial in your tones at the volume you're going to play them at.

Back
Top Bottom