F#ck Roland

We're talking about the internal kit.
I was hoping your issue wouldn’t get confused with the other talk. But it is what it is as far what Roland wants for the internal here in the states. I was shocked to see the price just relative to the outboard pickup. I didn’t know at the time that elsewhere it’s 1/4 the money.

Then what's the concern with running on a computer? I'm confused...
I’m confused…as of right now I don’t know if running on an iPad would be stable. I have an iPad Gen 6 which probably can handle it but isn’t a spring chicken and can get squirrelly sometimes if it gets hot. I don’t understand why is my concern about stability on a PC and also wanting to use VST’s and DAW exclusive?

I’m not trying to be an a**hole, but I also have concerns about the support of the software. It seems like new development or even communication has dropped away. It seems like the last real communications and information is from 2019. I agree the iOS version would be an inexpensive way to get my feet wet and it just so happens that I have an iPad and an extra interface that is iOS compatible. Otherwise it would not be an easy alternative.

Mainly I’m just thinking out loud here and sorry for the confusion or possibly wasting your time. I’m a technically savvy old fart who doesn’t have much patience for all the start up stuff involved with modern day software (licensing, learning curves, etc.) and want to be sure it’s going to meet my needs and not become something I don’t use because it just doesn’t work like I thought. I guess I should take my issues to it’s own post, but I figured this was mostly a “venting” post by the OP and didn’t think expanding the discussion beyond “F’ Roland” would be a bad thing. Because he’s right, it isn’t a mistake.

Last edited:
Let me reply to specific parts... And I'm just offering opinions, so please only take them as that :)

I’m still a little hesitant on the pitch to MIDI processing being trusted to a PC.
Why? What makes a PC less trustworthy than running it elsewhere? What would that be, anyway, aside from an iOS (also a computer)?

I’m confused…as of right now I don’t know if running on an iPad would be stable.
I've had very good results, but it's been a while since I messed with it (although nothing has changed so I imagine it would be the same). I have also used it with multiple (free) soft synth apps also running on the iPad being controlled by Midi Guitar 2.

Mostly I've used it on an iPad Air 4, if that helps?

I don’t understand why is my concern about stability on a PC and also wanting to use VST’s and DAW exclusive?
You're trusting the PC to be stable with your DAW and VSTs but not MG2? That's what I'm confused about ;)

That's gotta be a mistake. $105 at Thomann, $409 at Sweetwater. ???

Oh no, that's for real. I bought an internal GK-3 KIT from Anderton's for 1/3 the price of the US. There's a lot of stuff that's much cheaper in Europe than in the US - look at new Marshall prices.

A lot of the MI companies have put an end to this stuff - for instance, Andertons and Thomann won't ship Roland or Ibanez stuff to the US.

Back
Top Bottom