Extreme's "It's a monster" playthrough

Nuno IS one of the greatest guitarist that came out of his generation. His playing is absolutely electric.

You really nailed the song and his feel. MONSTROUS!!!!!!

I have always loved that string skipping run in the solo
Me too ! I've been using it as exercise for maybe 20 years. But I practice it at half speed or even slower for several minutes ; if I play it at full speed I get muscle paralysis, like after a sprint

Like you, I have used it as an exercise for years, but i have never been able to get it up to speed.

Sent from Moto X

Great job Fremen. Sharing that patch :)

Excellent technique and smooth...we used to play a few from that album back in the day.
Maybe time to revisit and see what I can pull-off, HA!

Hey Fremen sweet playing! What is the run you play at around 2:04? I have the guitar tab book and they way they have that run tabbed seems different than the way you and others I've seen play it.

Hey Fremen sweet playing! What is the run you play at around 2:04? I have the guitar tab book and they way they have that run tabbed seems different than the way you and others I've seen play it.

Don't learn anything based on that tab book - it's horribly inaccurate.

I'm surprised you got that amp model to sound like that
I'll have to give it another look which cab did you use here?
Great playing :)

A F major scale with a chromaticism at the end, don't know any tab book for that, I'm old school, I learn everything by ear ;) In 1993, when I learned the song, it would have been hard to find tab books :p

Cab is ThisOne, I just modified my Angle Severe 2 preset (#40 in bank A) here : in the amp block, presence at 3:28, 250 HZ of the graphic EQ at 1.98 ; and reverb time 1.86, input gain 19%. Delay off except during the solo

Last edited:
Fantastic work/playing and cool sounds.

That may well be my all time favorite Hair Metal album in terms of both playing and tone, though, so I strongly prefer the original tonally; but what you've got going is definitely solid and your playing RIPS. If I wasn't deeply into the original recording, I may feel differently.

I pretty much shoot for the PG tone whenever I am playing Hair Metal, though, Nuno is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom