Extreme - Stop The World (chorus effect)

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
I've been working my way through Extreme's III Sides To Every Story album... So far I'm finding the Euro Uber and Cameron models working well for the amp sounds on this record, but I'm having more difficulty with some of the effects. In the song Stop The World, there's some light chorusing throughout but a chorus block sounds too warbly so I've settled on a pitch block instead set to Detune. However, it still seems kind of subtle instead of rich like on the record. Anyone know what's being used here on the original recording?

Posting the preset here for anyone who cares to take a look. (Ext. 4 varies the amp gain, Ext. 3 bypasses the drive block/reverb.)

Attachments

• Stop The World.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hi
Have you tried slowing the modulation right down....like waaay down so it doesn't wobble?

Pauly

Do you mean Depth or Mix? Actually I've tried both and all that happens is that the effect disappears. I wonder whether combining another effect with the Pitch block might be the way to go?

if the chorus was added in the studio, then it's most likely to be either a trichorus or dimension. try the dimension, as yek suggested, with rate on 0.25 and depth either on 25% or 50%

if that's still not it, try lifting the quad chorus block out of the "dripping wet" patch on axechange and reducing the mix level. i don't think it's that though....i hear a definite slow sweep to it, which is why i suggested the dimension

Hi stringtheorist,
Sorry I answered away from my axe fx and still am - the rate?

Pauly

Do you mean Depth or Mix? Actually I've tried both and all that happens is that the effect disappears. I wonder whether combining another effect with the Pitch block might be the way to go?

He used a Soldano for that album mostly.

I would just take a chorus block (experiment with the type - I would either start with one of the 2 voice choruses). I like a triangle waveform. Turn off auto depth. Take the delay time to 5-6ms, Turn the depth all the way down and very slowly raise the depth level until you get the amount of warble you want. Adjust the speed to a nice slow setting (.25-.5) to suite the song. Adjust the mix to taste - start with 50% then take it down from there.

Back
Top Bottom