External switches

dB

Inspired
What do YOU use them for? I have not used mine and am just looking for ideas...

Tap. But what's really cool is using one of the expression jacks with an expression knob tied to the gain parameter. Instant foot access to any amp's gain control, without taking the space of an exp pedal.

I run three switches in an old crate controller. 1st one is momentary for solo boost, 2nd is momentary for special effects where I want to engage several blocks at once, 3rd is toggle in case have multiples want to engage for extended time. When I have time to play with scenes more I envision they will be tied to that.

XS1: Wah on/off (Mission SP-1R used as Wah)
XS2: Solo boost on/off (another SP-1R used as volume controller)
XS3: FX Loop bypass (2nd Boss FS-6 momentary) to send guitar to talkbox and receive mic return signal from preamp
XS4: Tempo tap (1st Boss FS-6 momentary) - planned

What do YOU use them for? I have not used mine and am just looking for ideas...

I've got 4 x Boss FS-5U non-latching foot switches that sit below my MFC that I use for Scenes 1 to 4. Means I don't have to sacrifice any IA's on the MFC for scenes. Works really well.

I've got 4 x Boss FS-5U non-latching foot switches that sit below my MFC that I use for Scenes 1 to 4. Means I don't have to sacrifice any IA's on the MFC for scenes. Works really well.

Same set up here. Not using the Boss switches the though. I elected to make my own.

That sounds pretty cool. I was thinking of using them for X/Y functions. How do you program the switches to control scenes?

Back
Top Bottom