External Bass Cab

johnswa

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank the folk on this forum for replying to my impervious requests. I s it safe to put my EBS 4X10 Bass Cab through the FX 11 Kind Regards JB

I assume you meaning sending the output of your Axe Fx into your bass cab?

If not then I don't understand the question.

I assume you meaning sending the output of your Axe Fx into your bass cab?

If not then I don't understand the question.
that's right unix-guy sending it from the output! Was just uncertain about balanced and un-balanced. My guess is to use 1/4" jacks from the un-balanced. Got a wonderful sound on my freatless is all. Thanks for replaying the last time.

If you are talking about plugging the output of the Axe directly into the EBS cab, it's not going to work. You need a power amp. Axe>power amp>EBS cab.

Which outputs depends to a degree in what the you are using to amplify the signal.

You mentioned the Axe Fx and a cabinet, but nothing about an amplifier.

I must come over as the local knobber. It would be amplified by a studio Samson Servo 260 would this amp have the va va zoom to feed a 4 x10" bass cab http://www.samsontech.com/samson/products/power-amplifiers/servo-series/servo260/ I appreciate your time you have given me on this matter. Kind Regards JB
That amp will work. It's only 130 watts into 4 ohms so it might not keep up in a band situation, especially if the EBS cab is 8 ohms. It doesn't say anything about bridging it but if you can & your cab is not below the minimum ohm rating for bridging, that should give it about 260 watts so it might work in a band situation.

Edit: I checked the Servo-260 manual & it can't be bridged so 130 watts is it.

Last edited:
That amp will work. It's only 130 watts into 4 ohms so it might not keep up in a band situation, especially if the EBS cab is 8 ohms. It doesn't say anything about bridging it but if you can & your cab is not below the minimum ohm rating for bridging, that should give it about 260 watts so it might work in a band situation.

Edit: I checked the Servo-260 manual & it can't be bridged so 130 watts is it.
Thanks Mate. I take my hat off. Really. Greetings from the Valleys of Southern Wales UK All good things

Back
Top Bottom