FM3 Extenuating Circumstances - new tune inspired by Larry Carton and Michael McDonald

Mats Nermark

Inspired
So once again my writing takes me back to the 80's and the influences of Larry Carlton (sound) and Michael McDonald (writing/arranging). I just love playing this stuff!

Guitar: Collings I-35LC recorded direct with a Fractal Audio FM3.
Bass: Sire V7 recorded direct to PreSonus audio I/F.

Hope you'll enjoy it!

Cheers,

Mats N

This is my first post after buying an FM3 and it's great to hear some Larry! I was slightly apprehensive there would be nothing but metal presets on the forum, so that was really good to listen to. Thanks.....

Mat, this couldn't be any further from my background in music (80's shred and classical), but man, I appreciate this and I think you knocked it out of the park. Excellent tone, playing and compositional skills.

This is my first post after buying an FM3 and it's great to hear some Larry! I was slightly apprehensive there would be nothing but metal presets on the forum, so that was really good to listen to. Thanks.....
Hi Expat,

Welcome to the merry gang of FM3 owners. I'm glad you liked my track and you probably will never hear me do metal as I simply don't have the skills or know-how.

Cheers,

Mats N

Mat, this couldn't be any further from my background in music (80's shred and classical), but man, I appreciate this and I think you knocked it out of the park. Excellent tone, playing and compositional skills.
Thanks, Will!
Reading those words was a great way to start my day.

Cheers,

Mats N

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom