Ext controller assignment to noise gate threshold and reverb mix?

blaggers

Power User
Hi,
I have made a small 2 pot controller box that I have added to my MFC as EXT3 and EXT4 to allow quick control the noise gate threshold and reverb level on any patch.

I THINK I need to create a global block for the noise gate (and reverb) and assign a controller to it and apply them to every patch, which seems a longwinded way to do this.

Is there another way? Can I assign it to the global "noisegate offset" parameter? If so how do I do it?

Can I do the same for the "reverb mix" global parameter?

I've never used Global blocks before so Im unsure how they work.

Global mix/offset can't use modifiers. You'll need to add these modifiers to each preset and save. Creating a global block on the Axe-FX isn't a necessary step for this. (Modifiers aren't part of the global block data.)

Front panel "effect recall" and Axe-Edit block library include modifiers, so those may save time if you use similar block settings in several presets. Copy & paste (from one preset to another) in AE could also be used.

You can't assign controllers to Global settings.

You can use Global Blocks but you will need to add them to every preset AND attach the modifiers in each preset. Modifier assignment is not part of a Global block.

Edit: I see @Bakerman beat me by a few seconds!

Ah Ok, Thanks.

I've managed to cobble a noise gate solution - I used FracTool to batch every patch to "Input gate = Intelligent", and "Threshold = -66". I can then use a knob on the RAC12 to make Threshold level tweaks to each patch on the fly if needed.

Back
Top Bottom