Expression Pedal Recommendation - Moog

reaxis

Hi-

Ive used Ernie Ball VP jrs for a while. I then purchased a Mission Line 6 for the m13 (expensive, but nice).

Im now using two moog heavy duty plastic expression pedals for fx8. One works as a wah, and the other is the volume. Each have a little volume pot on it, and move pretty easily. The cost on these is cheap, and work well for the FX8!

The fractal pedals look amazing, but I don't have the budget for that or the mission or vp jrs at this time. I didn't think I would like the moogs, but I do now for sure. I wanted to share this in case people wanted to find what options there were that can better suit their needs.

The Moog expression pedal is a popular choice. It has a nice, firm action, and stays put when you remove your foot. I've used a large variety of expression pedals, and my favorites are the Fractal EV-1, and the Mission controllers. My gigging / touring board has 2 EV-1 pedals (one dedicated to volume and one as a modulation / blend pedal), plus a Mission wah-style controller (for wah, rotary speed, formant filtering, etc).

+1 on the Moog pedal!

The Fractal pedal hadn't been released when I bought the Moog, but they do look fantastic and would definitely be my first choice for heavy duty live work, but seeing as I mainly play at home, the Moog is the perfect low cost choice and I was very surprised by how much I like everything about it. Also, it's nice to own at least something with the Moog logo on it (assuming you already have a few Fractal logos of course)!

I have used the moog one, it's plastic, correct? I think the fractal audio ev-1 is the best expression i've used. Mission engineering is good too with a spring for auto-engage fx.

Back
Top Bottom