Expression Pedal Question

Lydian

Good Day All!

Quick question: In the user manual regarding expression pedals it says:

"Your expression pedal(s) should have a linear resistance taper, a max resistance of 10kΩ to 100kΩ"

I have two Boss FV500H pedals which are leftover from my brief Axe FX II days. which did indeed work well with the AFX - which I bought on the advice of AFX users themselves. But looking at the spec these are 250kΩ - should I be using these or hunting out some with a lower resistance? (I also note the Axe FX Manual quotes the same figures for expression pedals......)

Cheers

Andy

They should work fine. I've seen expression pedal threads where guys are recommending and using them without issue.

Good Day All!

Quick question: In the user manual regarding expression pedals it says:

I have two Boss FV500H pedals which are leftover from my brief Axe FX II days. which did indeed work well with the AFX - which I bought on the advice of AFX users themselves. But looking at the spec these are 250kΩ - should I be using these or hunting out some with a lower resistance? (I also note the Axe FX Manual quotes the same figures for expression pedals......)

Cheers

Andy
I have one on my board, it works just fine.

Is there 1 pedal that should be looked at before all others? I am looking to add an expression pedal, and weighing out the options.

Is there 1 pedal that should be looked at before all others? I am looking to add an expression pedal, and weighing out the options.

Lots of good expression pedals out there - but for the money I really like the Moog pedal. They are less than half the cost of most other expression pedals out there (at least in the US) and seem well built, hold up well, fairly light weight but sturdy, and (at least on mine) operate flawlessly.

Back
Top Bottom