expression pedal for volume

nnajar

that's small but has a good travel feel and stays where you leave it when in the middle somewhere. the boss fv500l is too big for my use, I need something physically smaller, but that works as well. lemme know what to look at!

N

We originally built the Mission SP-1 specifically for the Axe-FX. It has a small footprint (like a Cry Baby) and an adjustable pedal tension so you can set it to stay in place. It also has the option of a toe switch that can be used with the Axe and many MIDI controllers. Commonly this is used to toggle the pedal between wah and volume, but it can be used for other things as required. http://www.mission-engineering.com. Let me know if you have questions. James.

lebihanj said:
We originally built the Mission SP-1 specifically for the Axe-FX. It has a small footprint (like a Cry Baby) and an adjustable pedal tension so you can set it to stay in place. It also has the option of a toe switch that can be used with the Axe and many MIDI controllers. Commonly this is used to toggle the pedal between wah and volume, but it can be used for other things as required. http://www.mission-engineering.com. Let me know if you have questions. James.

James,

I have a mission and I use it for wah. I love it, other than the fact that I continually have to tighten it and sometimes it comes loose and goes down, activating the wah when I don't want it. if it's in the middle of a set, I have to either stand in place with my foot on it to keep it back, or unplug it. if i tighten it regularly I have little problem, but I don't love the throw for volume. I'm currently not using a volume, but I need one so i can crank my rig and have plenty of volume available but be able to bring it back to where i need to be. this way i don't have to worry about having a perfect balance between all my patches volume wise.

Anyway, i haven't used the mission for volume, but I don't love that profile for volume, plus I'm concerned that it won't stay where i leave it, which I really need for volume. is there a trick to getting it to stay put? like I said, I have to tighten the allen screw pretty regularly.

as far as switching the one pedal between wah and volume, that would be ideal so i don't have to carry another pedal. my mission is the one with the toe switch, but I don't use the switch, I just use the wah in autoengage mode, because i wanted to save my other expression port for a volume pedal.

I'm on a LFJR and I just updated the firmware to the latest (1.7 i think). can you let me know how to set it up to do the one pedal for wah and volume and maybe I'll try that?

thanks!

N

You need to turn the hex key quite hard to get the pedal properly tightened up. get the key properly inserted and tighten it up as hard as you can. It's a good strong bolt and I have never broken one so far ;-)

PM or email if you need help getting the pedal setup to use the switch to toggle the pedal between volume and wah. James.

Back
Top Bottom