EVH Micropitch Mix Level

rrhoads17

Inspired
In listening to the live recordings from the FUCK and Balance tours, how much H3000 is mixed into the wet cabs? I assume it was being adjusted via a Bradshaw line mixer. The amount/mix of pitch shift also sounds different during those 2 tours. Do I need to put the pitch block in parallel and turn the mix to 100% or just adjust the mix with the block in series?

I don't see why mixing it in series would be a problem, but I'd want to see your signal chain.
Are you doing a real W/D/W or something more typical like stereo?

W/D/W is three at a minimum. Never done it, but I bet it sounds enormous.
I also don't play arenas. Stereo is good enough for me.

Go stereo , pitch block in parallèle +9 /-9 mix 100% level -10db or so , don t forget to set up right pitch block bypass ("mute in" if y remember ...)

Ed ran the Eventides in series. Even with the mix at 0 the unit adds brightness to the tone. The model does the same thing. I run the mix at different levels for different era tones. VHII it’s very subtle, I run the mix at 2%, Fair Warning & 1984 10%. Any Hagar era tones I run it at 15%. 9 cents up, 9 cents down, less than 10 ms delay on each, both panned hard left and right.

Ed ran the Eventides in series. Even with the mix at 0 the unit adds brightness to the tone. The model does the same thing. I run the mix at different levels for different era tones. VHII it’s very subtle, I run the mix at 2%, Fair Warning & 1984 10%. Any Hagar era tones I run it at 15%. 9 cents up, 9 cents down, less than 10 ms delay on each, both panned hard left and right.
Good to know !

Back
Top Bottom