EV-1 vs Mission

Jalevinemd

Inspired
I've seen rig pictures with both of these. I've never used either one. Does anyone have any thoughts as to which is the better choice or is it six one way, half dozen the other.

My setup includes 2 EV-1 pedals, and one Mission EP1. The FAS EV-1 pedals are superb for fine control; I use them for (1) volume, and (2) blending / crossfading. I use the Mission pedal for my wah controller, and for other modulation controls where I want fairly quick throw. Both pedals are beautifully constructed. The EV-1 pedals seem to be more thoroughly engineered, and have much smoother travel and control; however, for a wah controller the Mission pedal is much more like a Crybaby, so that's why I've kept that one on my board. Also, the EV-1 is physically larger, but I happen to like that.

Thanks, guys. I plan on using it only for Wah and volume control. And seeing as how I'm most comfortable with the Dunlop style, I think I'll go for the Mission. :eagerness:

Said it before and I'll say it again: if you want an EV-1 to feel faster, just change the taper on the curve when you attach it as a controller. Take the middle value and move it up so the curve goes from linear to something more inverse exponential-like.

I'm like another guy here, I use 2 EV-1's and one Mission. The Mission is strictly for wah because I grew up with a wah pedal shaped like that, one EV-1 is always a volume pedal and the other EV-1 is assigned to whatever I may need it for in a given preset. Both very good pedals.

They both work well with an excellent build quality IMO. I went with the Mission because it took up less real estate on my pedal board.

this thread is in the FX8 section.

Exactly. I knew there were only two expression pedal inputs and wondered if they might be using one as a volume pedal before the FX8 to free up the expression pedals for something else. Another way to do it would be to use a volume pedal from the FX8 post out and the take the output from the volume pedal into the amp loop input.

this thread is in the FX8 section.

I'm aware of that, but regardless of what section it was posted under, the question isn't about the FX8. This should have be placed in the expression pedal section. We don't have to have an FX8 at all to answer this question. Since nobody said they were running one, I answered accordingly.

Sleestak and CrazyBadGuitarist: How are you guys using three expression pedals with the FX8?
Speaking only for myself, I'm referring to using those pedals with my AxeFX, not the FX-8. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I was responding to the EV vs Mission question, and didn't clarify the platform I use.

Back
Top Bottom