Escapism is survival to me....

We do need to get away at times and disconnect in order recharge. If it's simply to relax that's fine, but if it's a way to try to cope with stress and chaos, there is a real need to find the stressors and deal with them in a healthy way. Coping is a defense mechanism that ignores the core issue(s).

We do need to get away at times and disconnect in order recharge. If it's simply to relax that's fine, but if it's a way to try to cope with stress and chaos, there is a real need to find the stressors and deal with them in a healthy way. Coping is a defense mechanism that ignores the core issue(s).
Yes. Disconnect.. Recharge... Escapism... Dislocate... Run away, turn to music.... sex.... etc... Women... sex... a form of pleasure.. but not genuine happiness. The guitar... my salvation... my stairway to heaven. Playing the guitar is like meditation to me... ambient music.. rock in roll.. I communicate with all the legends gone by.... the guitar is spiritual to me... I started when I was 7.... I'll play until I die.... dreams of rock stardom is a form of escapism. The guitar allows me to communicate with the "other side". Jim Morrison -- you were fuc*ed... when I think of escapism I think of you... sex .. yes .. give me more... I need the dopamine high... I don't drink, smoke pot or do drugs.... but I can write like I do. LOL.

Last edited:
What is survival to you?
Water - food - reproduction?

Seriously, I get what you are saying. The more complicated we make life and living in this world, the more we do need positive distractions to regain our bearings at times. I've found a simple lifestyle and living in the moment to be more peaceful and happier than the way I live now. Allowing work and life situations to dictate how you do things can get monotonous and cause burn-out, which can take time to bounce back from. The world will always demand something from us, so maybe the key is to fix my not so optimistic attitude that I've acquired... Or maybe just keep being a grumpy old man :mad::eek::angry::p:)

Back
Top Bottom