Ernie Ball Vol pedal only kicking in Halfway

Pete

Inspired
Hiya

I have connected an Ernie Ball Volume pedal to my GCP pedal board.. I have it set as External 1 and use it to bring drive in and out of clean channels as well as a boast with delay on lead patches...

When I go to the modifier screen the little ball only moves once the pedal has already travelled nearly half its total distance.
On the GCP the pedal registers by moving the numbers but heel down to halfway only covers 0 to about 20.. and then the rest is super fast up to 127. I've flipped the cables around and it does the ssame but in reverse.

Have I missed something in setting this up?

Cheers
Pete

I am using an EB Volume pedal with my MFC for volume and it sucks. It goes from 0 to about 80 in the first 1/4 of the swing and the other 20% is the whole rest of the swing. I want to be able to do real smooth volume swells. I really dont like it at all. I think I will try my mission pedal to see if it works better. If it does, I will buy another one

Can you let me know how you get on racetra.

For Sure. I have a gig Saturday and one on Wednsday and then a month off....Finally. I am gonna play with it then. I will let ya know how it works out. Maybe I will setup a couple of patches, one with each and throw a vid up.

fixed it... theres a little switch under the footplate.. switch this over and the pedal works perfectly end to end!! really unobvious switch!

fixed it... theres a little switch under the footplate.. switch this over and the pedal works perfectly end to end!! really unobvious switch!

Hey Pete, I am tryin to get some time to play with this. Where exactly is this switch? Is it nice and smooth and even. That was the problem I am having. It all comes on at once.

its at the jack end of the pedal.. if you heel down then look under the plate theres a little switch... transformed my pedal!

I use a couple of Ernie Ball Jrs. They're built like tanks and have a nice smooth action but, as others have said, the taper isn't correct for use as an expression pedal. I changed a couple of parameters on the modifiers my pedals are assigned to and to my ear they behave exactly right. The settings that depart from stock are:

Mid: 66.5%
Slope: 28%

That's it. The small switch alters the taper a little bit, but it wasn't hugely different that I could tell. I've left my switches in the stock (down, in the case of the Jr.) position.

Sorry... I took a picture on my phone to post.. but got side tracked. The switch is at the toe of the pedal.. where you plug yuor leads in. look inside under the foot plate and there will be a little black switch.. this changes the sweep of the pedal (or does on mine).. to the right it makes only 10% of the sweep active to the left it makes the whole pedal active.

Back
Top Bottom