Er......Is the Axe lll now €3,499.00 in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchasing non used gear it’s more and more difficult . Everything jumped to 20% more. Not only fractal, everything. With luck there is a huge second hand market as people like to buy product and sell them one week after 😁 . I worked in a Music shop half of my life and I m very impressed how it increased… ten years ago, I was selling a usa std strat for 1180e . Now they are …1900 ! 🤣🤦. At this price before you could get a vintage serie or signature or whatever. No seriously this is mad. The problem is that we aren’t paid 20% more . Riots are slowly coming like ever.
20%? You haven't seen electricity bills here in Italy 🙄

May not now that anything sold for more than $600 generates you a 1099 to pay income tax on here in the US…. As of January 1-2022
A bit off topic but just so you know, that’s not exactly how it works, you only owe taxes on your net income from the sales (not your gross sales). Unless of course you are turning a profit flipping gear, in which case you would have net income. See FAQ#4 from reverb’s post on 1099-K (can’t seem post the link)

Receiving a 1099-K doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll pay income tax on your Reverb sales. For example, say a Reverber bought a guitar for $1,600 in 2019 and sold it for $1,000 in 2022. Reverb would still have to report the $1,000 payment on a 1099-K, but the seller would have no taxable income to report since the resale amount was less than the original purchase price.

May not now that anything sold for more than $600 generates you a 1099 to pay income tax on here in the US…. As of January 1-2022
Thats $600 COMBINED on all sales youve made, not just items over $600. Im cool with closing these tax loopholes but they better make corporations and billionaires actually pay too.

$2,060 in Thailand. $1,174 for the FM3. Not bad at all, considering that the Thai Baht is in a historical low compared with the USD

I gotta be honest, after owning the II and the III, Fractal can charge pretty much whatever they want within reason and I'm on board for life. I've paid more that the combined new price of the AxeFx III Turbo AND the FC-12 MK2 for just a Marshall head, for a Bogner head...hell I paid nearly 3K for a Fryette (VHT) Pittbull.

I get it, it's expensive, but I still think it's an amazing bargain all things considered, especially when taking into account the incessant dedication to meaningful updates, free of charge. I really honestly don't think it's overpriced despite it being a lot of money to put out.

I'm glad I paid for my Axe FX 3 Turbo when it was released, and didn't delay!
That said, I would buy it anyday. Wouldn't trade it for anything!!

People are accustomed to paying 10-50K for a car. Most are not accustomed to paying 3-4K for a piece of studio equipment. But ever since 2013 when I got my Axe 2, I've been on board for life :D

axe fx 3 is $4023 in new zealand and is about to go up a lot. Thats the price from over a year ago

I recently upgraded from a Mk1 to a Turbo, and I thought the price was a bit steep, but if i'd waited 1 month longer to do that, it would have cost me another £300!. It's not likely to get any better any time soon, so if you're going to buy, do it now!

A bit off topic but just so you know, that’s not exactly how it works, you only owe taxes on your net income from the sales (not your gross sales). Unless of course you are turning a profit flipping gear, in which case you would have net income. See FAQ#4 from reverb’s post on 1099-K (can’t seem post the link)
The problem is you have to save every damn piece of paper associated with any sales it becomes more burdensome than it’s worth just to take a loss in the end.

So I wonder, if I sell 10 of my guitars and show a 10k dollar loss from when I purchased, do I now write off 10k against my income? What is my handling fees on these sales worth? My time listing, preparing for shipping, mileage and materials involving the sale? If they want to nickel and dime every internet sale, good accounting may be able to work in the sellers favor I imagine. Now that I’m being 1099 on internet sales, what portion of my cable bill is tax deductible? Or my cellphone bill?

Fractal probably can't do much about the pricing considering a good chunk of it is out of their hands: VAT, value of the Euro tanking etc.

That said, the current pricing makes me happy that I got my current gen Fractal gear (Axe-Fx 3 Mk2, FC-12 and FM3) for a good chunk less.

The price of the competition in digital modelers hasn't gone up anywhere near as much at least yet based on Thomann's prices. The FC-12 alone costs almost as much as a Helix LT.

Fractal probably can't do much about the pricing considering a good chunk of it is out of their hands: VAT, value of the Euro tanking etc.

That said, the current pricing makes me happy that I got my current gen Fractal gear (Axe-Fx 3 Mk2, FC-12 and FM3) for a good chunk less.

The price of the competition in digital modelers hasn't gone up anywhere near as much at least yet based on Thomann's prices. The FC-12 alone costs almost as much as a Helix LT.
The helix LT goes up to 200/300 too.. I sold mine 600 some years ago 🤦(good luck to find one at 600 now). Same the kemper stuff is 200 more. The only good thing is that now, when I sold one of my piece of gear, I sold it more than I paid it 😁

Some say that it is due to the fact that they sell less globally so they sell it more expensive to fill the gap. Not talking about fractal but music gear in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom