EQ tricks for backup guitar

Dregsman

Anyone got any advice to solve this problem.

I have two of the same guitars, with same electronics. Only difference is one has roasted wood. If I set up my presets for one guitar the other one sounds so different that I don’t like using it. One has nice thick mods and the other seems to have more upper mids.
Is the a way to have a EQ adjustment that is global and easily turned on for when I switch guitars ?

Can also use a GEQ set to scene ignore. I do this for my headphone comp. The idea being you put it where you want it, adjust your guitar in, and put it on a switch. Better option is just copy and adjust your preset as suggested. I use a GEQ block for my headphone comp. It’s easy to forget about it until you start adjusting stuff and realize it was in the wrong mode. No global option that I’m aware of.

You could also tone match one guitar to the other. Some people swear by it and others poo poo the idea. Do a search for a thread on this forum.

Can also use a GEQ set to scene ignore. I do this for my headphone comp. The idea being you put it where you want it, adjust your guitar in, and put it on a switch. Better option is just copy and adjust your preset as suggested. I use a GEQ block for my headphone comp. It’s easy to forget about it until you start adjusting stuff and realize it was in the wrong mode. No global option that I’m aware of.
I’m curious about your headphone comp settings

I’m curious about your headphone comp settings

github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq

I used to not use a curve on my phones but found I have better luck using it. I can go from phones to speakers without a lot of adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom