Epic 80's Song that needs recognition

I'd love to see a Revv in the Fractalverse!!
+1 - I guess some amps are an open book so all Fractal needs is the physical amp to model, others may require other related info which, I guess, gets into NDAs and all that - but I would have thought Revv would be keen (they keep saying in their live streams they plan on sending one) as the Fractal base is known for examples of Axefx users buying the real amp after inspiration from the Fractal model (ie Friedmans). I've come close to buying a Revv G20 (being Canadian I feel like I'm supposed to have one) but I try to squash all GAS for real amps/cabs.

Last edited:
Alice Cooper came out with some good one in the 80s. Here's 'Poison' and 'Bed of Nails'. I had forgotten how much I like these songs, especially 'Bed of Nails'.

When I saw Alice in the early 2000s I was really surprised at the number hitlike recognizable songs they played. What an icon of rock he is - great golfer too - always followed Alice in the celeb tournaments when I used to be obsessed with golf (before starting to play guitar)

Zodiac Mindwarp & the Love Reaction:

Saw these guys open for GnR on the AFD tour in the late 80s. Small town in IL, maybe 5k seats, police in riot gear with shields ringing the stage. Was a complete zoo.

Never heard of this band. I had a smile on my face the whole song. Thanks! (If this song and vid are any indication of what a concert was like, then I can see why riot police would be needed!)

Steve Jones has been with many groups, most notably The Sex Pistols, but I really enjoy his solo stuff most. Here's something from 1989, 'Freedom Fighter'.

Is anyone more Rock 'N Roll than Alice Cooper? Don't throw some Metal band out there. Alice is pure Rock! It goes beyond the song itself, it's the presentation and attitude.

These Strat tones are hittin' me in the sweet spot today. :)

I was messing about last night with the FM3 and it is crazy how close
you can get with a Compressor, some Chorus, a Princeton model, and
a Strat.

You reminded me of this: (I remember playing it for my father, but all I could get was, "Nothing wrong with the Platters' version." sigh)

I was kind of surprised at how far of a departure RP's music was from Zep, but I dug it all!

Haha! Definitely a Mullet with natural curls. :)
Whenever I hear the word 'mullet', I think of a dude driving a jacked-up Camaro sportin Cragar SS's and glass packs. Mull-et Mmul let. One of those words you say too many times it starts to sound weird.

Whenever I hear the word 'mullet', I think of a dude driving a jacked-up Camaro sportin Cragar SS's and glass packs. Mull-et Mmul let. One of those words you say too many times it starts to sound weird.

Haha! Would you be shocked if I told you I bought a 1970 Camaro with glass packs, an aftermarket moonroof,
and Crager's on it for $1100 when I was a Junior in HS?? It probably had 15 gallons of Bondo in it, but it was fun
for thoose last two years of high school. 3 speed manual transmission and a stout 350 meant I smoked everyone
else in school on our mock 1/4 strip/road we used to race on. My fave was when a cocky ass "rich" kid, whose parents
bought him an early 80's Firebird, dump his tranny when we raced. That was priceless. :)

White Lion... Little Fighter.

Come at me bro! lol

Just playing...lets get those plays for the bands who deserve it!
Met Vito at the oddest of places: a church parking lot where I was playing a car show in Staten Island.
He was showing his 2 rides there (I think it was a lambo and an old MG if my memory serves). He came over to the band during our break, introduced himself and said “man I never expected to hear guitar playing like that in the church parking lot”!
Aside from my kids being born and arguably my wedding this was maybe the coolest moment of my life 😂. Nicest guy in the world, hung out with us like a regular guy like we were the cool kids.

Back
Top Bottom