Epic 80's Song that needs recognition

Ha, I found a vid of UK while its not "Danger Money" its f-n old as hell, and and kind of like looking back into when man steeped on the moon...

And no guitar in that version of the band. Boooo!!!!! ;)

They did some amazing work with Holdsworth, earlier, though, right? Bruford and not Bozzio, plus Alan?

And no guitar in that version of the band. Boooo!!!!! ;)

They did some amazing work with Holdsworth, earlier, though, right? Bruford and not Bozzio, plus Alan?
hey the tread was for "need recognition" I think it fits the bill guitar or not.. UK UK had Holdsworth and was laying the ground for Asia imo, RIP John Wetton one of my most iconic and favorite music hero's!

I agree. I was.... uhmmmmmm..... just messing around. :)

UK sure went through a lot of changes. In the Dead of the Night era UK and Danger Money era UK are
almost not even the same band. Never thought of how that all led to Asia before.

Last edited:
These Strat tones are hittin' me in the sweet spot today. :)

I was messing about last night with the FM3 and it is crazy how close
you can get with a Compressor, some Chorus, a Princeton model, and
a Strat.

He's really such an icon.
So great with Zep, then again so great in this period, which is kind of anti-Zep, still great now.
Always has wonderful players around him, so different.
Such heart and class and poise in everything he does.

Sorry, can't recall if 38 Special was mentioned yet or not. I had a lot of difficulty deciding on a representative song, so here are three:

A band I mixed opened for them in a fairly small club in Boston (the Paradise), and I gotta say, they had the most righteous group sound live, strikingly awesome. I'm not that big a fan in general, but still.

Bringing this thread back to life with a forgotten band, The Producers. It's funny, but the chorus of 'What's He Got' has always come back to me at times and I just now rediscovered this band. Enjoy.

BTW-all the cool keyboard players slung it like a guitar in the 80s!!! :p :fire:

Last edited:
Early 80’s. This has to be one of the best metal guitar albums. Whole album is great. Cold Sweat, Holy Wars, Sun Goes Down. John Sykes plays on this. Phil’s last before he passed. Epic rock guitar record. Listened to some of this tonight sippin scotch and a lot of other epics in my musical life experience. This one ranks up there in my eyes.

Both of those songs are already in the thread. Sorry, Fred. :)
Well, it's a pretty extensive list and difficult to keep track of everything. I just found it humorous that of the three entries for Ah! Leah! that Fred's made two of them! :p Must really love that song (I do too!)! :p

Back
Top Bottom