Bug? Enabled Delay 3 Doesn't Light Up When Switching Layouts

nojyeloot

Experienced
Think I found a bug in the FC12. I've attached the preset and my FC config and several pictures/screenshots. Not sure if it's related to the 23 Beta (1 or 2). Noticed it after updating to 23 Beta 1, which is also when I added Delay 3 to my template preset, so not sure if this was preexisting. I've attached my system backup (to include all layouts) & my main template preset. I am currently running 23 Beta 2.

PROBLEM:
Enabled Delay 3 light not lighting up when switching directly to my stomp layout #3 from scenes layout #1 using dedicated scene selection stand in switch (see in pictures).

SYMPTOM:
My FC12 defaults to layout #1 for scenes. If Delay 3 is enabled and saved on a scene, when I switch to my stomp layout #3 (using my Mosky as Stand in Switch in picture) the blue light is completely OFF. Now, conversely, if Delay 3 was disabled and I performed the same steps, then the blue light is dimmed, as it should be.

All three of my delays are configured the exact same in FC (color, function, etc). The only difference is the Custom Label for each on mini display. See attached pictures.

For what it's worth:
Layout 1, button 6 = Tuner, blinks blue
Layout 3, button 6 = Delay 3, same blue

STEPS TO RECREATE SYMPTOM:
Load my config and preset. Start on layout #1. Then switch directly to layout #3 using a stand in switch.

Note, If you try to recreate this symptom by hitting buttons 6 & 12 to jump to layout #3, you will not be able to recreate the symptom, it will function normally.

Attachments

• III-231025-101804-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 0
  • JT TEMPLATE 10.1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
  • LAYOUT 1.jpg
    LAYOUT 1.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 14
  • LAYOUT 3.jpg
    LAYOUT 3.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DELAY 1 FC CONFIG.jpg
    DELAY 1 FC CONFIG.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DELAY 2 FC CONFIG.jpg
    DELAY 2 FC CONFIG.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DELAY 3 FC CONFIG.jpg
    DELAY 3 FC CONFIG.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 14
  • all-layouts_20231025_193347.fclayout
    94.4 KB · Views: 3
  • STOMPS.fclayout
    10.7 KB · Views: 1
  • SCENES.fclayout
    10.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
If you swap the switches for Delays 2 and 3 does the problem stay with Delay 3 or does it stay on switch #6?

It's also easier for other people to try your layout if you export them through Axe Edit in the FC Edit screen. If you click on Edit to the right of the LAYOUTS label on the left side you can choose to export individual layouts or all of them as an .fclayout file.

Last edited:
If you swap the switches for Delays 2 and 3 does the problem stay with Delay 3 or does it stay on switch #6?
Good troubleshooting idea. Tried it and found the problem stays on switch #6. I believe the problem is definitely due to the fact that switch/button #6 is changing from:
Layout 1 "Scenes" (blue) blinking light Tuner (on Tap) to...
Layout 3 "Stomps" (blue) solid light Delay 3 (on Tap)

I tested my Tuner blinking light to yellow and the problem went away. Definitely a bug.

It's also easier for other people to try your layout if you export them through Axe Edit in the FC Edit screen. If you click on Edit to the right of the SWITCHES label on the left side you can choose to export individual layouts or all of them as an .fclayout file.
My bad, you're right. I've exported all my layouts and the two in question and attached them to the OP. Thx.

Switch 6 functions a little different because of the Master Layout Menu footswitch combo move as well. It might be related to that. You can try temporarily turning off the MLM Switch Combo in the FC settings and see if that affects it. If that fixes it, you could move those switch functions to a different switch in the layout instead.

It's weird that the color choice affects it. Strange bug.

What firmware version is your FC-12 on? It shows it when it powers up.

Last edited:
Yup, I'm aware. I don't want to change that just for the light.

Very odd indeed.

FW = FC 1.12 (it's a MK I)

Back
Top Bottom