Emulating Warped Vinyl

Jbmetal

Inspired
Emulating Warped Vinyl Pedal

I was watching some vidjas of some cool pedals for inspiration, as I haven't been happy with my utilization of the delay, and I came across the Chase Bliss Audio Warped Vinyl.

I'm trying to get the sound at 2:10.

Last edited:
Hi JB,
Thanks for sharing this video. My first guess for getting the sound at 2:10 is that the envelope should drive the pitch shifter. I'll take a shot at it and see what happens.

My take on the Warped Vinyl sound at 2:10 on the video

Hi JBmetal,
I spent a bit more time on the Warped Vinyl preset that you liked at 2:10 on the video. I like it too. I think I got fairly close - maybe close enough for you to enjoy it as much as I do. I've learned a lot about using controllers in coming up with this patch. Hope you like it.
OddManOut

Attachments

• WarpedVinyl2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 85
Another variation of the Warped Vinyl patch

Hi JBmetal,
I made a variant of this patch: moved the pitch shifter in front of the amp (left the chorus after the amp) and added a reverb at the end. I like this one a bit better than the last one I posted. The interesting thing about this patch is that no delay is needed, instead the LFO periodically drops the pitch a few semi-tones and then returns to pitch. The envelope also drives the pitch shifter to ensure an initial detune (at start of phrase). [Note: you may want to play with the envelope threshold and gain to adjust it for you pickups and ADC input setting.] If it were possible to use the envelope to restart the LFO, this would be another way to do this rather than having both the LFO and envelope drive the pitch shifter. Hope you like it.

Attachments

• WarpedVinyl3.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 75
JBmetal,
I'm afraid I'm getting obsessed with this tone!:) I uploaded another variant of this patch to AxeChange (WarpedVinyl4.syx). This version dispenses with the pitch shifter and relies on periodically modulating the chorus depth with LFO1 through the depth modifier. No longer needs the envelope to trigger the pitch 'warp'. After watching the Chase Bliss Audio official video on the device I realized that it's all done by modulating an analog chorus which the Axe-FX emulates quite nicely. I hope you enjoy this patch as much as I do!

Nothing loads in the axe-edit at all. I tried versions 3 and 4.
I then tried other patches just to make certain it wasn't me.

Nothing loads in the axe-edit at all. I tried versions 3 and 4.
I then tried other patches just to make certain it wasn't me.

Thats odd, its a relatively simple patch with only four blocks none of which depend on FW18 AFAIK.

Can you try loading fw18 and see what happens?

JBmetal,
I'm afraid I'm getting obsessed with this tone!:) I uploaded another variant of this patch to AxeChange (WarpedVinyl4.syx). This version dispenses with the pitch shifter and relies on periodically modulating the chorus depth with LFO1 through the depth modifier. No longer needs the envelope to trigger the pitch 'warp'. After watching the Chase Bliss Audio official video on the device I realized that it's all done by modulating an analog chorus which the Axe-FX emulates quite nicely. I hope you enjoy this patch as much as I do!

Thanks a bunch! I tried making it myself, but I didn't feel the pitch block really nailed it. I'll try your V4 later on tonight. I'm acting like I'm paying attention in Music History right now.

JBmetal,

Just logged in to thank you for the patch. I found out about the pedal a few days ago and I'm really digging it. I figured something similar could be achieved with the axe and here it is. Would love to get the real thing down the road for sure, though.

I downloaded your patch and used it as a template to do my own thing and I'm really happy with the result! I'd record something but I'm lazy :p

Just logged in to thank you for the patch. I found out about the pedal a few days ago and I'm really digging it. I figured something similar could be achieved with the axe and here it is. Would love to get the real thing down the road for sure, though.

I downloaded your patch and used it as a template to do my own thing and I'm really happy with the result! I'd record something but I'm lazy :p

Hi Hikizume
I'm happy that you like it. One of the great things about this forum is the opportunity to learn from each other. Before JBMetal created this thread I had never even heard of Chase Bliss audio much less their Warped Vinyl pedal. But I was intrigued by the sound and jumped in to emulate it.
Best regards,
Bob aka OddManOut

Can someone take a screen shot of how these are made so those of us with an FX8 can try and recreate it? Pretty please :)

Back
Top Bottom