Empty preset 8% CPU?

Did you check the log file?

Yes, see post above for my log. seems there is something wrong with some Resonator blocks. Made these myself and they work before with the previous Axe Edit.
Can they be resurrected? or do I need to remove them?

It's like the missing Lagevulin when they open the barrel after twelve years of aging.

It's the angels share!

I haven't got a clue, and didn't run into problems with blocks.

just noticed this today after updating to FW13.07 that all my empty presets still use 8% CPU. Was it like that before? never noticed this. And why is it?

Part of the 8% may have to do with the fact that the INPUT has a noise gate, and the OUTPUT has a 4-channel mixer.
Granted, adding additional blocks that accomplish the same thing increases usage by only another 4%, so there's a hidden hysteresis, or quiescent element at work. Only an Engineer familiar with the ADSP-TS20S could answer this question.

I'd imagine that a good chunk of that 8% is the Axe-II just being an Axe-II..
it'll need to consume an amount of CPU in order to be powered up and have all it's internal bits and pieces communicate with each other..
I doubt it's specifically related to things in the grid alone
so figuratively speaking, I'll guess that the initial 8% is consumed in making the Axe exist as a 'living' thing..
and I'll bet there are quite a number of internal 'system' type processes running in the background that require the attention [and therefore some effort] of the cpu..

There's a bunch of stuff running behind the scenes. The control block is always running, the pitch detector for the pitch blocks is always running, the display is being updated, etc., etc. I wouldn't agonize over it.

I haven't got a clue, and didn't run into problems with blocks.

Have removed my resonator block files and now I don't get the error message anymore. No idea why my resonator block files (made in F12.03) were giving problems. I have used them with no problems before my FW13.07 update.

Back
Top Bottom