EHX HOG2 and Axe FX 2

Hellbat

Fractal Fanatic
A friend at work wanted to hear how the pedal sounded with the Axe FX rotary block so set up a quick drum loop and hacked some bad chords over the top. I thought some people here might like to have a listen. My pedalboard is stored at the auditorium so I just set up the rate parameter of the rotary block tied to the LFO and varied between 1.5 and 4Hz.

The preset is just a deluxe reverb into a mix I made from cab pack 10 into rotary block with default settings (other than the LFO mentioned above) and rec studio C at default settings and 20% mix. I have the gain on the Deluxe fairly high (6.75) to add some dirt to the tone. I played this on my Strat in the #2 position to minimize hum that could 'confuse' the HOG2.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to create any brilliance here, this is a 1.5 minute to put together gear demo...

So I realized today when checking my I/O settings that I recorded the previous clip in summed mono. Oops!

Anyway, here is a stereo cut without any drums or other stuff going on. Done in FW19 beta. Signal chain is guitar->HOG2->Deluxe Reverb->Cab->Mono tape delay->Rotary->Reverb

Drive is set at 6.69 on the amp. A little Bass removed, a little treble added.
The cab is the 1x12 Deluxe Verb from cab pack 10 using a 4047F/57B mix. UltraRes with HQ 50us tape pre. D/S 3.5/1.25 B/M/T 0/1/0.5
Delay is 430ms at 9% mix
Rotary block is default settings with an LFO running .1Hz varying rotary speed between 1 and 4Hz with a 90% slope and 50ms damping. I normally vary the rate with a foot pedal, but my board is in storage at the auditorium.
Reverb is default Rec Studio C at 13.5% mix. HQ mode

I find the 3rd section really captures that ominous Leslie/Hammond grind.

Back
Top Bottom