Effectrode Blackbird in loop

JeremiahEdward

Inspired
Would there be any issues with running the Effectrode Blackbird Tube preamp pedal in the loop of the fx8? Thinking of picking up the Blackbird, but wanted to check first. Has anyone done this?

Would there be any issues with running the Effectrode Blackbird Tube preamp pedal in the loop of the fx8? Thinking of picking up the Blackbird, but wanted to check first. Has anyone done this?
No problem putting a preamp in the loop. That’s what it’s there for. :)

I just bought a Useful Arts BF-1 Tube DI to use in the effects loop of my Ax8. Though I'm still playing around with the sweetest placement in the chain and the optimum levels in/out the results have been worth the effort/cost. I've had no problems. What you plan to do is similar. If you like the Blackbird, I bet you're going to like it in the FX Loop.

I have been using the Blackbird with my FX III. At the moment I am running its output into the FX III input. I have thought of putting it through the loop but so far there hasn't been a reason to.

Yeah, for the most part, front of the chain would work, but if I want some compressor or boost, it would be nice to have it in the loop. I've never used a tube preamp pedal so I was a bit concerned with the super high voltage and possibility of noise.

The Blackbird is super quiet. It has two outputs of which one is designed to go into an interface/DAW or unit like the FX8 and has a nice polished sound. But you can also run the other output into the FX8 if you want. With the FXIII I have sometimes moved Input 1 down the chain and put a compressor before it. But I now have an Effectrode compressor before the Blackbird so I am back to just using Input 1 in the front.

Back
Top Bottom