Effect Volumes issue

Pete

Inspired
So.. I'm playing around with a few presets posting by kind people here.. I love them.. they sound awesome but I'm having issues with levels and how the effect is affecting the level.

Attached image shows EQ and then Pitch and Delay underneath it.. I'm setting my Expression pedal to bring the pitch effect in (it's a harmony line) when I bring the pitch block in it's reducing the overall volume of the lead sound, back out and it brings volume back. I've tried adjusting the pitch level knob but this also increases the volume of the preset before the pitch comes in... what am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 13
Do you have bypass set to mute or through for the pitch block? I'm guessing through, so that when it is bypassed you have 100% dry signal going through that block, then when it is active, the settings you have are giving you less apparent volume.

Try temporarily disconnecting the EQ and Delay blocks, so you can hear what it sounds like with just the pitch block in active and bypassed states.

Mute In or Mute FX In? What parameter is the pedal controlling? Can you post the preset? (Save As - Export to Preset file) That will reduce the need to guess at what's happening.

Yeah, I'll post the preset up as soon as the axe is hooked up... its currently MUTE IN and the pedal is controlling the Mix value.. heel down no pitch, toe down 70% or so mix...

It's because you're controlling mix, which varies the dry/wet ratio at the block's output. Set pitch mix to 100%, control input gain instead. Use block level to set maximum volume of harmony.

Back
Top Bottom