Effect Guru Question

The H8000 preset is a bit different from that example (none the strange resonances) . Plus that pitch down thing at the end doesn't happen on it. BTW I found another video by this person that has this preset and it doesn't sound as strange as the example here.

I did come up with variation that does a pitch down when you let it ring out.

This is for the XL
View attachment 24220

Thanks, Sean. You know, I listened to that other video, and it pretty much sounds just like another shimmer-rtrype effect. The example above sounds much more interesting and different. How can one reproduce those artifacts you mentioned? To me, that's what makes it unique!

The H8000 preset is a bit different from that example (none the strange resonances) . Plus that pitch down thing at the end doesn't happen on it. BTW I found another video by this person that has this preset and it doesn't sound as strange as the example here.

I did come up with variation that does a pitch down when you let it ring out.

This is for the XL
View attachment 24220

Oh, I forgot to add; add either and envelope or pedal control to the volume block to get the input smoothed out on the pitch. I was using a volume pedal, I took it off because it can cause others issues.

What, I did was basically parallel route vol-reverb-pitch-muti-delay plex detune. The pitch was up 2 octaves and pitch source set to local, each voice panned hard l/r. The detune causes a little pitch drop after a time. I put the reverb first to keep a better stereo field.

So, what causes the strange "squeaky swing" sound to the pitch in the.example at the beginning of the video?

Back
Top Bottom