Dynamic Distortion: does anyone use it, and why/how?

It is like the CAB Preamps. It is there, but it is not there, and sometimes it seems like it is there.

What i really want to use it for but never really got around to, is taming the scratchiness of piezo pickups

Leon’s vid showed that it can add nastiness, and I’m more into classic eob, so it’s not something I’ve needed. Another tool in the toolbox that I reckon could create really interesting sounds in the hands of the masters. I’m thinking delay lines, or on the wet path of a phaser? Just not in the core tone for my tastes.

I truly don’t get it. Would rather use a drive block with tape as the drive. Actually it’d be nice to have both the preamp and the tape options in the cab 😀

Yeah it really does something special with delays and modulation effects. And what's cool it you can run the dynamic distortion in stereo. It can help make the time-based effects sit in their own space.

Would you be willing to share a specific idea or two here? I am curious. I use my Axe as the foundation of a live looping rig and am always looking for new ideas for post processing the loops.

I truly don’t get it. Would rather use a drive block with tape as the drive. Actually it’d be nice to have both the preamp and the tape options in the cab 😀
It's not the same as a distortion pedal. The way I've been using it provides an overall effect similar to the Feedback type in the Output Compressor of the Amp block. The Dynamic Distortion provides more control over the frequencies the effect is applied to so I can fine tune how edge of breakup tones feel and sound.

It's not the same as a distortion pedal. The way I've been using it provides an overall effect similar to the Feedback type in the Output Compressor of the Amp block. The Dynamic Distortion provides more control over the frequencies the effect is applied to so I can fine tune how edge of breakup tones feel and sound.
exactly

Here's a patch using it with the Stereo Mind Guy. I used the UAFX Starlight DMM mode as a reference point for the modulation.
ooooh yes now that is tasty! Interesting to see two identical amps! And such nice amps, I really have only discovered this little fella since you mentioned it 2112

Back
Top Bottom