DynaCab Pack Limited Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install was flawless as was authorization and dl of the packs.

I agree completely with what @Joker wrote "1) The default VST 3 plugin install location should be changed to the standard VST 3 folder that's used by almost all plugin makers: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3"

Now to play with new toys !!!

I am having trouble saving a session. It appears to save, but I can't find the files after the fact to open those sessions back up. Running this on a Macbook Air M1 with Sonoma 14.0.

I have two minor feature requests right off the bat:

1) The default VST 3 plugin install location should be changed to the standard VST 3 folder that's used by almost all plugin makers: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
The x64 installs itself to both "C:\Program Files\Fractal Audio\Cab-Lab 4 Plugin" (for the uninstall application to reside) and also copies the vst3 file to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3".

I started off with the Double Verb and the 1960TV. They sound fantastic. I didn't expect them to be better than the HW dyna-cabs I've been using. These are going to be a huge home run. I am very excited to see what other cabs come out. Does anyone know what the 1x12 AC20 speaker contains? Is it the stock G12H75 Creamback? I may try that cab next.

I started off with the Double Verb and the 1960TV. They sound fantastic. I didn't expect them to be better than the HW dyna-cabs I've been using. These are going to be a huge home run. I am very excited to see what other cabs come out. Does anyone know what the 1x12 AC20 speaker contains? Is it the stock G12H75 Creamback? I may try that cab next.
Celestion™ G12 Alnico Blue

On the description of the AC20 pack it says
  • Cab-Lab 4 enables monitoring via a compatible audio interface, allowing the mixing and exporting of SysEx files compatible with Axe-Fx II and AX8. Note: Direct connection to these products is not possible.
Is this a typo? AXEFX 2 and AX8?

On the description of the AC20 pack it says
  • Cab-Lab 4 enables monitoring via a compatible audio interface, allowing the mixing and exporting of SysEx files compatible with Axe-Fx II and AX8. Note: Direct connection to these products is not possible.
Is this a typo? AXEFX 2 and AX8?
Cab-Lab 4 will not connect directly to the Axe-Fx II and AX8 (like it will with the III), but you can monitor via compatible audio interface and export to a file compatible with those products. That's how I read it, anyway.

Wow just wow.... this is a game changer!!! So easy to use and the Cabs sound amazing !!! I bought them all, I guess it'll be a long night..
I just had surgery on a Lisfranc Injury so I'm home off my foot till November...:) Honored to be part of the Beta-Team
Thanks Matt...!!
:)
Happy If You Say So GIF

Last edited:
I've PM'd Admin M to purchase the beta dynacab packs - question while I await reply: I assume the beta Dynacab packs are the same cabs that are currently in the standard Axfx Dynacab list (loaded as part of DC FW release), but with the ability to mix various mics / mic positions and/or mix captures from multiple purchased dynacab packs, then deploy to a single Dynacab slot on Axfx - I that correct?

I've PM'd Admin M to purchase the beta dynacab packs - question while I await reply: I assume the beta Dynacab packs are the same cabs that are currently in the standard Axfx Dynacab list (loaded as part of DC FW release), but with the ability to mix various mics / mic positions and/or mix captures from multiple purchased dynacab packs, then deploy to a single Dynacab slot on Axfx - I that correct?
From the other thread...
Maybe partially. The Cab Packs have more mic choices than hardware, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom