Dyna Cabs...why don't I get it?

Struggled all weekend with Dyna Cabs, tried everything I can think of and switching back to a Legacy/Regular IR resulted in instant gratification and just blew DC's out of the water - OK, familiarity and all that comes into play I appreciate that, but I just don't get it..

Anyone else feel the same or am I missing something?

Popcorn available...:laughing:

Last edited:
Yup, same here. Exponential rabbit hole feeling...

Just see it as another option and let it be for now, and let the über-tweakers out there have fun with it... although it does somehow gives me that FOMO feeling ;-) Hoping for an update of the Presets with DynaCabs and maybe that gives me enough starting points to tweak from there.

I find it interesting how there are quite polarised feelings; some people saying about the instant gratification of using IRs, others saying it with DC.

Personally, I have a few tried-and-tested IRs I use, and I prefer the sound of these compared to using DC for now. I also have no experience with mic'ing up cabinets etc., so for me, selecting an IR is the 'easiest' choice.

Great to have both options though!

I have the same. At the moment I prefer my favorite IR over DC. However, I think that over time with subsequent updates, the quality of Dyna Cab will improve significantly, as it has been with other sounds in Fractal over the years. I'm counting on it :)

Out the 20 factory Marshall cabs I like none were perfect for me. I could get close playing with settings like low and high cut. Maybe if I purchased a bunch of after market cabs I’d eventually find the right one, but with the one 1960 Dyna cab and 5 minutes spent moving the mic around I’ve got what I wanted. Dyna cabs have allowed me to create the “in between” cab that I could not otherwise get.

For those that are getting their tone with standard IRs I guess you are already there, which is great. And there is still Dyna cabs if you as an option.

I'm glad this post was started. I'm only 4-5 months into my FM9 and have it dialed in where I'm feeling happy and confident on stage. I held of on the DC beta and I'm glad I did. I don't have time right now to dive into a new wormhole but love the fact that I can when I'm ready. Any glitch with the beta would really screw up my busy summer and cause stress that I don't need . I'm excited to try the DC's but right now isn't the time for me.

Though I can understand how someone's favorite cab IR might not be represented in the current DC collection (no amount if DC tweaking will get it if its not there), but I really don't get how anyone doesn't get the concept or can somehow equate DCs to a rabbit hole compared to legacy, particularly given the auto-sic selection.

For me it's a time issue. I'm very happy with what I have and am playing summer shows right now. I don't have the time to spend learning a new process and figuring out if I can get a Dynacab IR to sound as good or possibly better than what I'm using right now on top of possible issues with the Beta. It's awesome that it's available now, I will eventually load it and dive in but right now I just don't have the time.

For insight, we probably need to hear from the AX3'ers who have had access to DC for a while, and many were raving about its capabilities. Folks were giddy that DC was finally coming to FM9. I haven't gone down that rabbit hole just yet, but looking forward to it.

I do really appreciate FAS / Cliff's commitment to his product and customers. These firmware updates are like Christmas morning.

Back
Top Bottom