Dweezil Zappa with Experience Hendrix & Tommy Emmanuel tickets for Christmas

Guitarbot

Inspired
Oops! I found out a few Christmas presents a little early! My wife got me 2 pair of tickets. One to the Experience Hendrix Show & 1 pair to see Tommy Emmanuel. Great gifts. I look forward to both shows:)

Saw DZ (Zappa plays Zappa) and Return to Forever in Atlanta earlier this year. Definitely a great show...all Ultra; great sound!

I haven't seen Dweezil although I would like to see that tour or the Zappa plays Zappa stuff. Tommy, on the other hand I've seen 7 times now. Far and away my favorite acoustic guitarist to see live. Pretty awesome Christmas gifts.

Tommy is incredible as a player & very nice & willing to talk & explain songs, etc. Another guy worth seeing live is Phil Keaggy. I do not care for most of his electric stuff, but his acoustic work is beautiful. Here is one to check out:
Phil Keaggy - County Down - YouTube
& hs does some awe inspiring looping.

Tommy Emmnauel is one of the best guitarists ever...and I've seen quite a few!

Most people/guitarists don't know Tommy Emmanuel. He is probably the most underrated guitarist I know. While I generally listen to rock music, I also like acoustic music sometimes. He is really amazing.

babuka,

I agree, Tommy Emmanuel is phenomenal! I've seen him live twice, and he's ALWAYS killing on guitar! BTW, he's a seasoned and natural entertainer as well...He is so comfortable performing live, and interacting with the crowd, etc. Also, he is SO GOOD MUISCALLY on all levels (chops, melodic-sensibility, tone, dynamics, rhythm, song-interpretation, composition, arranging...ALL KILLER!)

I've never seen Z.P.Z, but I'd like to some day...

Bill

Dweezil stuck around for a bit after his set and was very gracious with fans, willing to talk about his gear etc. He was looking forward to upgrading to the Axe FX 2......

But the real highlight of the Zappa/RTF show I saw was watching Stanley Clarke absolutely shred the acoustic bass in Return to Forever....would recommend that show anywhere, any time.

Back
Top Bottom