Dweezil Playing Eruption

Amazing, like everyone else ha ssaid! Zappa (Frank) is one artist whose tones I wish people would try to emulate more. Frank had so many great but weird sounds over the years. IMHO the world doesn't need yet another Cliffs of Dover, Streets Have No Name, or Eruption preset. :)

and, I hope Dweez tells Steve Vai about the Axe-fx. Steve's another guy who could unload a truck or two full of gear. Didn't he help write the Eventide software in the 80's?

Last but not least ... I wish Alex Lifeson would get an Axe-fx!

The funny thing is, if (insert name of popular artist) gets an Axe, how will we know if they don't explicitly say so? The recorded tones from said artist will continue to be amazing, Axe-fx or not. Gone are the days when we can instantly go "hmm sounds like a POD". :)

I'm still surprised that The Edge doesn't have one (or four) yet. With all the U2 YouTube clips... :( :?: and he's still using those PODxt Pros. For a guy that's huge on mixing vintage gear with the latest technology to get new sounds, it seems strange to me that he wouldn't have one. IMO, it's inevitable. Someone should introduce it to Dallas then he can convince Edge because, after all, Dallas is the one breaking his back doing all the tweaking and gear adjusting. :lol:

GuitarDojo said:
Sounds better than Eddie! :eek:
Better than Eddie now....yes.
Better than Eddie then...no.

Dweez surely has the speed and chops, but Eddie's phrasing and sense of timing are one of a kind. ...or should I say WERE one of a kind? :)

I dunno; Eddie kicked some serious ass when he played the Allstate in Chicago a couple months ago.

Oh, and this is great. I put it up on HCAF. Definitely nails the classic EVH tone as close as I've ever heard it done.

A very close and great rendition, anyone know what guitar he used for that recording? Also it would have been cool if he had linked the delay time to a CC pedal for the divebomb at the end.

Back
Top Bottom