AFIII Dust In The Wind

Freds55

Axe-Master
This is my feeble attempt at playing and singing Dust In The Wind, mistakes and all. I’m not a singer and wish I could play better so go easy on me, and I did not try to get close to the original song.
I tried it on electric but liked it better with on one of my fender acoustics.
I used small amounts of effects on guitar Axe Fx iii and my rack stuff & mixing Board on vocals. It is recorded straight into my Peavey FX 2 mixing board To a Flash Drive.

https://on.soundcloud.com/hYM19

Thank you so much for your kind words. It really means a lot coming from you. I have always been a fan of Rich Williams. I got to see him years ago when they first came out.

Kansas - May 20, 1974 Masonic Temple Theater, Detroit, Michigan (supporting Moot, the Hoople)

This was the first time I was introduced to The Band Kansas. I remember Kansas came on and when they finished there show the place went crazy. Standing Ovation.
Then Moot the Hoople came on when they finished as they were the head liner, and the place wanted to hear more from Kansas they were so good.
I remember how loud Moot the Hoople was I think my ears are still ringing.

Great - a classic - brings back memories of 70s high school, springtime, sitting in a circle at break time n smoking cigarettes, somebody with an accoustic playing Dust in the Wind.

Great - a classic - brings back memories of 70s high school, springtime, sitting in a circle at break time n smoking cigarettes, somebody with an accoustic playing Dust in the Wind.
Thanks Paul it’s always been such a great song.
I just enjoy playing it definitely brings back a lot of good memories. Hope your weather is getting nicer For you.

Great job, and props for putting your voice out there. Nobody will ever hear me sing. :) Playing and singing at the same time is incredibly difficult for me.

The number of songs I never really get tired of hearing is pretty short, and several of them are by Kansas. Even with the proliferation of classic rock stations playing the living shit out of Carry On My Wayward Son, I never got tired of it.

Great job man. Such a classic song and band. Unfortunately I never saw the original lineup live, but I did see them a few years back in Detroit. Great show. And yes, Rich sounded great.

Great job man. Such a classic song and band. Unfortunately I never saw the original lineup live, but I did see them a few years back in Detroit. Great show. And yes, Rich sounded great.

I saw them over the years going way back. I swear, I feel like the band never stopped touring, and I could easily catch them a couple of times a year on the East Coast. Them and BOC I saw more times than I could ever count. ''

Tons of bands never seem to make to the West coast. As many concerts as I used to go to hear, I went to way fewer than I did on the East Coast.

Thank you really appreciate the kind words.
Add a harmonica and it almost had a Neil Young vibe!
I’ve played the harmonica for about as long as I’ve been playing guitar. Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll have to see what that would sound like. Cut my teeth on Neil Young.. Thanks guys for the kind words

Thank you @chucma for the kind words. The guitar is nothing special. I like looking at pawn shops for deals and found a Fender Dreadnought with A Fishman pickup & a built in tuner. It does have a nice sound and play’s really really good to, Nothing special.

Back
Top Bottom