drive block volume levels in V.7

jb70

Experienced
i just did the update to V.7 and am noticing that my drive block volumes are quite a bit louder than they were in 6.02. has anyone noticed this or am i losing my mind?

p.s. i'm also getting a popping noise when i turn the drive blocks on and off. the axe II never used to do this.

Last edited:
I have noticed the drive blocks have a little more volume, not gain, but that may be due to the way the dynamics work with the new firmware.
Have you tried resetting the drive block like you would an amp block? maybe something is acting a little buggy.

I have noticed the drive blocks have a little more volume, not gain, but that may be due to the way the dynamics work with the new firmware.
Have you tried resetting the drive block like you would an amp block? maybe something is acting a little buggy.

yeah i tried resetting. i have a bunch of gigs coming up so i rolled back to 6.02 and all of my levels are ok again. i'm not going to have time to tweak the volume levels of about 30 patches in the next day or so. i agree with you- the drive blocks in my patches are definitely louder in volume but not gain/drive.

also, i just thought i should mention- i don't use the amp or cab blocks. i run the axe II into my redplate amp for effects only. as far as i know, nothing should have changed with the existing drive blocks

Back
Top Bottom