Dream Weaver effect?

grandinq

Power User
Greetings!
My bandmate is looking for me to get an effect on the Axe FX that sounds like the 3:45 (or -:30 to go) mark of Dream Weaver. I know it’s a synth, but any thoughts as to how the Axe FX could do something like it?

not sure about all the effects ...on my Yamaha modx i have some of those sounds on a Pink Floyd preset. Funny, last night i was just playing around with a VST scarbee Mk 1 elec piano much like the sound in that song. Love that elec. piano.

I'm currently trying a synth block with pink+white noise, 8-stage stereo phaser, filer block with lowpass that sweeps with my EV-1, and Plex Delay with a detuner type (going between dancing, golden, lunar). I've also tried use pitch and tremolo with a square setting.
I'm not that close to the song, but I'm going for a vibe.

Attachments

• Dream Weaver.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
I had a synth sound on the ips33b digitech super harmony machine that was really cool for that song.

Sorry that's not helpful though, this post just reminded me of that box.

I had a synth sound on the ips33b digitech super harmony machine that was really cool for that song.

Sorry that's not helpful though, this post just reminded me of that box.
Yup. I think the preset was called “synth pad” or “string pad”. Something close to that. Totally achievable with fx3. Not in front of unit now but you can get there with Golden Shimmer or Plex Shift in the Plex Delay block as a starting point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom