AFIII Dream Theater - Another Day cover with dynacab preset

ConstantM

Inspired

Made this preset (it's on axechange as "Dream Theater Rig") emulating JP's mic'ing in the latest DT albums in Dynacab and tested it with a cover of this nice ballad

Enjoy

PS. the two IRs for the acoustic scene are tonematches of my Lag electroacoustic gtr. im attaching them here

Attachments

• U2.0001_ac TM.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 41
  • U1.0283_TM TDR Acoustic.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Thank you for this! Great playing and tones. This is by far the best patch that translates to my gear. Not surprising because I have a few JPs, including a blue dawn.

Thank you for this! Great playing and tones. This is by far the best patch that translates to my gear. Not surprising because I have a few JPs, including a blue dawn.
thx man. i made the mic choice / placement using his basic amp settings and the info he provided in that video he made for sweetwater

blue dawn is a feast for the eyes. i want to get my hands on a luke at some point

You mic placement was similar to what I was using, but does a better job with the low-mids I always struggled to dial in, so it a big improvement. I still have my 2002 Blue Dawn and it looks great.

Made this preset (it's on axechange as "Dream Theater Rig") emulating JP's mic'ing in the latest DT albums in Dynacab and tested it with a cover of this nice ballad

Enjoy

PS. the two IRs for the acoustic scene are tonematches of my Lag electroacoustic gtr. im attaching them here

Excellent cover, tone, and playing! Will give patch a try tomorrow, thanks!

That was incredible! Just goes to show that even the JP solos that don't have a bunch of shredding are still extremely technical. And the fact that his skill was very developed even by the time DT recorded those early records. That sextuplet run is one of the fastest in any of his solos! And you played it so accurately! Wonderful work.

That was incredible! Just goes to show that even the JP solos that don't have a bunch of shredding are still extremely technical. And the fact that his skill was very developed even by the time DT recorded those early records. That sextuplet run is one of the fastest in any of his solos! And you played it so accurately! Wonderful work.
thank you. i also like his soloing in songs where he stuffs a lot of harmonic content instead of just shredding, like he does on LTE

The outro riffs are so good in that song.
Yes they are. And a lot of fun to play! They can be a little tricky, in that they aren't all simple, 'root-5' power chords, but some are inversions, but that's a true JP writing trick that makes his riffs interesting.

And that "mean-sounding" interval (e.g., Bb-E) that he loves to use is the best part.

Back
Top Bottom